[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - help, advice please!!

help, advice please!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help, advice please!!

Postby beth25 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

hi, I'm totally new here so please bear with me.
I'm 33 and been having problems for around 5 yrs.
Started with pins and needles in my arm , but then has spread to both legs/feet and 1 hand and arm.Feel numb most of the time. Sometimes fall over my foot as it feels its turning inwards- doesnt look actually it is though.
I've had optic neurits twice in the last 10 mths.
I was having test as they thought ms, but all clear. now been referred to see if fibro.
I've had a little look around but don't think i fit the bill.So please give any advice
I have no back, neck problems. only 3 out of 4 quadrants affected.Tired- but no more than average working mum i think. no stiffness on waking etc.
Thanks so much in advance
beth25
UKFM Newbie

Re: help, advice please!!

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 pm

:welcome:

Pins and needles in fibro tend to be were the muscle stiffness is pressing on the nerves.

We do have an over active nervous system so again pins and needles there also.

Main symptoms are that of severe muscle stiffness/chronic pain and fatigue / sleep disturbances and much more.

The doctors say the criterea to fit the fibro disgnoses is having severe chronic pain for 6months or more, tender and trigger points around the body (if you do a search you can read up on many topics on this) plus lots of other symptoms. Your bloods will show no problems and all x/rays etc clear.

good luck for your referal
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby beth25 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

thanks lisa, think it going to be long road for me. no sleep problems,or widespread pain. x
beth25
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 pm

hope you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Beth. :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello