[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Noob from Hexham, Northumberland

Noob from Hexham, Northumberland

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Noob from Hexham, Northumberland

Postby Paul Barrett » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the forum. Have been a diagnosed sufferer of Ulcerative Colitis since 1990 and was diagnosed with associated Enthesitis in Aug 2012. So, you may be asking, "Why the heck have you joined a forum about fibromyalgia?" And you'd be right to ask! :-D

I was attracted to the site because I have two associated auto immune disorders, like many on this forum I suspect. But the permutations of associated conditions are so many that finding a dedicated forum is hard. What struck me about this forum is that the experiences of its members seem to closely reflect my own. So if you'll permit me to gatecrash I'd be grateful.

Haven't got off to the best of starts with meds. Sulfasalazine was my first scrip, and I had to come off that because of respiratory issues. 3 months of oral MTX had zero effect, and the 3rd injection of MTX had me in an ambulance and off to A&E due to side effects. 3 days in hosp!

I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences, particularly those with associated IBD.
Paul Barrett
UKFM Newbie

Re: Noob from Hexham, Northumberland

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum Paul

Do you have fibro or just similar symptoms? i have crohns, fibro & ibs.

We have lots of info and support on the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi Paul

You are more than welcome on here. This forum is fab purely for the amount of support you get on here and the information is amazing. I know from searching on the internet among thousands of pages of articles on FM nothing beats reading how others with the same as you are dealing with certain things.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Picklepudding » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Paul

I too have Crohn's, IBS and now possibly fibro :o(

I'm new too so can't offer any advice yet!

Paula
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Picklepudding » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Shazq, I'm very lucky as I've only ever had a couple of Crohn's flares and not for quite some time. I now suffer more from the IBS and am keeping my fingers crossed that the Crohn's never rears it's ugly head again!!!!

Paula x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi Paul and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Paul Barrett » Wed May 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Paul Barrett
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello