New fibro sufferer

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New fibro sufferer

Postby Ali43 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi, i have just been diagnosed with fibro, what can I now expect my life to be like? I currently work 37 hr week teaching food technology and I am finding it hard constantly tired,aching etc :-( any advice would be appreciated, I feel like I dont understand the condition and are all my aches and pains a flare up of my fibro. I'm one really confused fed up lady at the minute!
Ali43
UKFM Newbie

Re: New fibro sufferer

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:23 pm

hi, ali, sorry to hear you have this,

this forum is great for advice and support so make full use of it the people on here have helped me to understand and come to grips with things,

and are always there for when we take a down turn or have a bad spot,

we are all so different that we have to try diffrent things and try to find our own ways of getting the best out of our bodys and minds,

i have found that i was in denial and wanted to push un as normal bad idea,
now i have made many ajustments to work and home and have nearly got the pacing thing right,

i am still in work byt at a less strenuose way,

its a long road and it has its ups and downs but its all down to us we have to come to terms with the fact that we can not do what we did and learn to listen to our bodys and also ask and except help from others,

i hope that you can find a way to get the best out of life soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm

hi hun, u no this is a hard one to answer for u ,as everyone suffers different. for me i had to give up work .u may need to cut your hours or u maybe able to carry on. what u must do is read as much as u can about fibro this place is great for support , sadly mostly all pains and ache are from the fibro ,flare may knock u off your feet u will learn as u go along how far u can push yourself , and when to stop. most ppl agree that on a good day the worse thing u can do is go mad and try to do everything as the next day u will suffer .sadly we cant butter it up its not nice and it dont get easier no matter what the dr tell u.but u will learn whats good for u when to stop and rest . i no for me the worse thing i can do is nothing, i stiffen up if i do so i potter around cleaning the house and looking after my children lifes not over hunnie its just going to be different, has your dr giving u any meds to try , if nothing else u will want some pain killers.and pls feel free to ask as many thing as u want almost everyone in here will no what your talking about grinsxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ali :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've moved you into here with this being your intro post as it's a more suitable part of the forum. I wish I could give you an idea of what the future might hold :( :( :( :( Unfortunately, FM is very vague and unpredictable and it makes its own rules up as it goes along, so trying to guess what it is going to do next is pretty much impossible I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: At times it's not even possible to work out what is going to happen in the next hour when things are at their worst :yikes: :shock: :yikes: :shock:

Maybe having a bit of a look around the boards might be somewhere to start. There is lots of info and advice on here, which might help you find out a little more about your condition. You could also find some suggestions to try that could help make things a little easier for you.

FM affects us all so very differently, which means we each tend to have our own little twists on things when it comes to managing our conditions, and what may help one of us may not be so effective for another. If you could give us some ideas about the things you're wondering about/wanting advice about, then hopefully we can come up with something answer~wise for you.

At the moment, the best thing I can suggest is yo take things day~by~day, bit~by~bit. As you start finding your way thru things, you'll find what can help you and also what makes things worse for you, and ways for you to live with this condition more effectively.

Anything that you want to know about, just ask about it and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ali :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ali43 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi, thank you for the replies, I was given amytriptoline but it didn't agree with me so doc has changed me to gabapentin, think I have a lot of research to do and definitely keep looking on this forum, thanks for the kind words and advice xx
Ali43
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello