Can anyone help please,

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can anyone help please,

Postby Spec123. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am

Hello there, I have dipped in and out of this forum after being told I have Fibro, but I am need some advice if anyone can help. I have to have surgery to remove a benign lump in my head got told this on Friday and the surgery is next week, been dreading my ESA letter dropping on the mat ( which they did on friday)with the usual info of we will be contacting you in the next two weeks to discuss your transfer and then the forms to follow for me to fill in, well as you can guess I have not got the strength in me to give it my all filling in the forms. What would you lovely people advise me to do, was wandering if I could ask for my reassesment to be put back for a short while, with a letter of proof for my op. thanks.x
Spec123.
UKFM Newbie

Re: Can anyone help please,

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 am

hi and welcome

hope all goes well with the op

how about calling the number on top of your ESA letter and explain to them and ask for advise?
maybe you only have to send a copy of the letter from the hospital?

sorry not much help from me
hope all goes well
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Spec123. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

Thankyou.x
Spec123.
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:57 am

Spec123............I am sorry I can't help you with the benefits in the UK, I am in Canada.

Don't mean to be nosey but the lump you are having removed is it just under the skin or do they have to open up the skull?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 am

:welcome: to the forum Spec :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: So sorry to hear about your impending surgery :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: There will be lots of wishes winging their way to you for the best possible outcome and results for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Contacting the office dealing with you ESA transfer would probably be the best thing to do, as Lu has said, there should be a phone number on this latest letter you have received from them.

Explain to them exactly what is happening and when, and also tell them about any projected recovery times that you have been advised of as the ESA forms usually have to be returned within a particular period of time/by a particular date. If this time were to fall within your recovery period and you were unable to get them in on time, it could turn things upside down and take ages to sort out again :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: You will probably need to send them copies of letters etc to show what is happening and when it will be happening as well.

Anything else you want to know about, all you need to do is ask about it. With all the info and advice across the boards, there is a good chance someone will have had a similar experience that could help with answering your question :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Spec123. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone, whoami.....it is on the surface of my skull they do have to enter the skull I think, I didn't want to know too much info, as I am anxious about it, but pleased its benign. Thanks for your concern, it really helps to share .x
Spec123.
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Spec123. I hope all goes well for you. I asked because I have had three lumps removed from my head. They were benign. I came home later in the day with a few stitches. I will be thinking of you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum spec :cow-wave:

Good luck with your op. :flowers:

I would say the same as the others, call the number on the letter and explain you are going in to have an op an hopefully they will put it off until you have recovered. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Spec123. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Whoami.....were yours on the out side of the head.x
Spec123.
UKFM Newbie

Postby Spec123. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Thankyou shazq, and all you other nice people.x
Spec123.
UKFM Newbie

Postby salimrashid » Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 am

can sombody tell me if they know how long after your dla madicel do they let you know.
and if they refuse and you appile what happens next.
salimrashid
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm

salimrashid wrote:can sombody tell me if they know how long after your dla madicel do they let you know.
and if they refuse and you appile what happens next.

It can take up to 8 weeks depends how busy they are? you could give them a call a couple of weeks after and ask what is happening, if you dont agree with their decision you could ask them to look at it again stating the reasons you disagree with then if you still dont agree with their decision after that then appeal.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello