Hi From Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi From Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Postby fluffysammy » Wed May 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi everyone, I was diognosed with Fibro last week, and what a weight off that was to finally get the "yes" you have fibro, I know there is no cure but just knowing im not going mad and im not making it up is just great :-) before dec id never even heard of fibro, id been having symptoms for 2 years and gradually getting worse, it was pure luck i ended up seeing a new doctor about my gall stones and frozen shoulder and i mentioned (for millionth time to dif doctors) how depressed and fed i i was with my zombie days, my sleepless nights, awful pain etc etc and she looked back through my notes of all my visits and said i think you have Fibro, i said whats fibro? and well now i know, and so here i am saying HELLO :-D

Im In carisbrooke on the Isle of wight and had to give up my job year and half ago as a Holand & barrett manager due to unexpected hospital stay and then 6 months recovery, which i now belive was the trigar for my Fibro , so on my bad days i have a sofa nest which i snuggle in all day with my dog Matilda next to me listening to all my rants and moans and we put the world to rights :-) and on my not so bad days we walk on the beach, well she runs and i walk slowly then sit down and watch her run :-) , i keep chickens, and i do a lot of dif crafts. well thats me i think :-) Sammy x
fluffysammy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi From Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 01, 2013 7:18 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little sanctuary sammy :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There's lots of info and stuff on here, along with lots of understanding and support and a peculiar sense of humour at times, all to help you get thru the FibroDay :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quite a few of us on here have doglets that help look after us, so your Matilda will be able to make a few new furryends. They even have their own thread where they can talk to each other :dogrun1: ( Did say I there was a peculiar sense of humour on here :lol: :lol: :lol: ) We have a couple of :chicken: :chicken: here, altho I'm not on best terms with one of them as she has taken to attacking me since I was scooting her off from nesting when she was broody last year :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: There is also a thread dedicated to all things crafty if you would like to see what some members like to do and/or share some of your designs and creations with us.

With you being recently dx'd, there are probably things you're wondering about FM~wise. As you find your way around the place have a bit of a looky and a read, you may come across some answers to things as well as suggestions that might help you. And you can ask about anything you want to know as well. With all there is on here, there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and may have some useful advice for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Thu May 02, 2013 10:33 am

Hi sammy

:welcome: to our little world. I love the Isle of Wight, I've only been once as a child but I still remember it clearly. I used to love the different coloured sand you could get there lol.

I too like Fluppy have a doglet who helps look after me and I find myself talking away to her all the time and she just sits and waggle sher tail and listens to me - the best therapy ever in my opinion lol.

I'm glad you finally got yout answer, though not so glad it's FM but there is so much support and info on here which will help you. No matter what you ask there is always someone around who has been through the same.

Look forward to chatting with you on here.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sammy :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fluffysammy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Ahhhhhhh Thank you :grouphug: :blowkiss:

ohhh a post bit for Matilda to talk on,how cool :-D
fluffysammy
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello