[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - any advise

any advise

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

any advise

Postby daddyvic » Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm

I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia amd have inpingment of my hips. I seem to be very down all the time. Is this normal?
daddyvic
UKFM Member

Re: any advise

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 10:24 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: daddyvic.

I don't like to say there is anything normal where FM is concerned as it is such a vague and unpredictable condition :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: What I can say about how you have said it is making you feel is that it has had a very similar effect on most of us at some point, and on occasions will try to pull us back down there, usually when we are least expecting it :facepalm: :facepalm: :grouphug: :grouphug:

There is help out there to try and make things more manageable and liveable with. This can involve meds, treatments, therapies, it all comes down to what helps the individual. Your GP should be able to tell what is available in your area and what might be suitable for you to try.

There is lots of info and advice on here, so maybe you could start by having a look around the boards to get some ideas about what different people have tried and how helpful they have found things. What helps one of us may not be quite as effective for another, so you may find you need to try several things before you find what helps you.

Just ask about anything you're wondering about and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 am

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: daddyvic.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat May 04, 2013 12:11 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum daddyvic :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby daddyvic » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Thank you all, the hip issue is that the bone in my hip keeps growing they have operated twice to shave off and reshape but no difference. The doc says that they could operate again but don't thick it will do much good at the moment? I am learning quite fast that there is nothing normal about this condition, each day brings something different!!! Whining over with, hope you all have had a "good" day :-)
daddyvic
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: dont think the hip issue is FM related but can imagine it must be very painful especially added into the general hurt FM brings.

Would they not consider hip replacement in order to stop the bone growth or am I being stupid :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello