Would like to introduce myself

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Would like to introduce myself

Postby imstillme » Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi, I have been reading some of the postings and would like to introduce myself. I have suffered from back problems just about all my adult life and have had three spinal fusions plus a raft of other treatment for it. When anyone says 'Ive got a bad back' most people will raise an eyebrow but I really have. I've never let it beat me and worked all my life, until I reached retirement age, but I have to say fibromyalgia has just about made me want to give up. A year ago it was decided to cauterise the nerves in my back in an attempt to ease the pain, oh what a mistake! It would seem to be the reason for the onset of FM. I really thought I had turned into a hypochondriac, I seem to have pains in every muscle and even my bones seem to ache. I can't sleep (nothing unusual for me, back keeps me awake) but even when I was prescribed amnitriptalyne I would wake up as soon as I turned over and the next morning would be as tired as when I went to bed. It has taken this long for doctors to decide I am an FM sufferer. I take 8 tramadols, 3 pregablin, 2 zomorph and 2 amnitriptalyne a day but if I am honest it just keeps the pain down a bit. I daren't stop them as if I still feel this pain taking them what would it be like without!

My husband's great but it has been hard for him, I've always managed to keep going in past years but now if I am honest all I want to do is hide away and do nothing and see no one. He tries to understand but I can see that he struggles to understand when I just cannot find the energy or willpower to get up and go out. If we are going out and usually that is now only one day a week I have to really push myself and then when we get home all I want is to go to bed.

I know the doctors have told me FM is quite a common condition but I take my hat off to those who have suffered for years and would be grateful for any ideas people may have to help me at least get some normality back into my life.
imstillme
UKFM Newbie

Re: Would like to introduce myself

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our family :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Sorry to hear you've been told you have FM on top of your other problems, it's not a dx that I would wish on anyone with how it turns everything we knew as life outside in and downside up, dumping us on our heads as it does so, then just leaving us to try and find ways to deal with the fallout :swear1: :facepalm: :cry:

How you're finding things, with meds just taking the edge of things, not wanting to go out and really having to push and force yourself to do it is how it has been for the majority of us, so you're in good, if slightly :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: company :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There is lots of info and advice on here that you might find helpful, and with you asking about ideas to try and reclaim some normality, starting with the board that covers Hints/Tips on Coping might be somewhere to start. It is full of all sorts of things that different members have tried out and how effective they have found them. There is also a huge list of different things are used on a regular basis that can help make things a little easier.

And of course you can ask about anything that you may be wondering about, and we'll do what we can to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lolo73 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Welcome, sorry to hear your FMS started through medical intervention :(
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum imstillme :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 am

Hi and :welcome: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello