Just saying hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just saying hello

Postby jumpingjax » Wed May 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello all,

I joined this forum about a month ago (asking for help/advice) and have just got round to introducing myself.

My name is Jacquie, but everyone calls me Jax, I am 55 and have FM (recently diagnosed) although I have been suffering for a few years now. I also have an underactive thyroid and probably ME.... the jury is still out on that one!

I have 2 lovely children 29 and 25 and 2 wonderful grandsons. I live in little village in Cyprus with my lovely hubby who is so very supportive and has put up with quite a bit during the last few years. He now understand why I have been so 'under the weather'!!!!

We are learning to cope with all the strange stuff happening to me and getting on with it together!

It's so nice to be able to read other peoples stories and relate to them. I have never joined a forum before so its been an interesting journey so far.

I'm very pleased to be part of this forum as the other members seem so helpful and encouraging.

I have been trying acupuncture and ultrasound and have found this helpful so far.

I'm trying not to go onto meds yet as I don't think I am bad enough yet.

Thanks for reading this.

Jax
jumpingjax
UKFM Member

Re: Just saying hello

Postby LouLou » Wed May 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Jax

:welcome: to our Fibro Sanctuary. Wow I'm so jealous that you live in Cyprus lol.

I was diagnosed officially last year though my GP suspected FM for quite a while and I had symptoms as far back as 3 years ago. My OH is very supportive like yours too which makes all the difference in dealing with this horrible illness.

I have aromatherapy massage once a week which I've found really helpful, and I have heard from some others that accupuncture works for them.

That's great that you have found what works for you without using meds, I'm currently trying to come off mine slowly as I'd like a lickle one soon.

Anyway, welcome again and I look forward to chatting with you on here and hearing more about Cyprus.

Lou
xxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jax :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Jax, it's always nice to :welcome: new members to our FibroFamily :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Glad you're already finding things helpful and interesting on here :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: There's lots to take in and get used to with FM, so having your hubby supporting you thru the delights it throws at you will make things that little bit easier to deal with :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's great that you're already finding things that are helping you, hopefully they will carry on bringing you some relief for a long while :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything that you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask about it and we'll try to help you with an answer :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Jax and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello