[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New here, possibly got Fibromyalgia?

New here, possibly got Fibromyalgia?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here, possibly got Fibromyalgia?

Postby Serafino » Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello :-) I've just joined this forum, and I'm hoping to find some help and advice!

I'm 28 years old, and I have been suffering from severe pain in my right shoulder since the age of 11. As I have got older, the pain has increased and spread to my other shoulder, neck, collarbone, lower back, and hips. As well as aching all over I get burning and stabbing pains, and it almost feels as if my skin is crawling. I get numbness in my arms, pins and needles and sometimes have weakness in my hands. I suffer from extreme fatigue, depression, and slight irritable bowel and bladder.
Over the last 3 years, my symptoms of the pain and depression became so bad I became unable to care for myself and my daughter properly. My daughter was taken from me and went to live with her dad, I lost my job due to being unable to carry out a lot of the work expected of me, and when I found another job I had to quit after 6 weeks because my pain and migraines had become so bad.
This illness is really destroying my life. :cry:

I have been back and forwards to so many doctors over the years, and to be honest I feel that I haven't been taken very seriously by any of them. Fortunately, I recently moved and found a very good doctor who has done a lot to help me. I was sent for an MRI scan, but that came back normal, so he has referred me to the SpineFIt pain management programme, and I have my first appointment with them next month.

I was prescribed a variety of different drugs to help with the pain, but I am extremely sensitive to Opiates, so I had to stop taking them. My doctor has now prescribed me, Pregabalin (150mg 3 x a day) Naproxen, and Sertraline.
I have not been diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia, but after being prescribed the Pregabalin, I researched the illness, and I think that this might be what I'm dealing with here.

I have my ATOS assessment next week and I am just terrified I will be declared fit for work!!
Serafino
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here, possibly got Fibromyalgia?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to the forum Serafino :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear ow long things have been going on for you :( :( Sadly you're not alone in finding that the supposed healthcare professionals don't seem to take certain symptoms and problems seriously. Hopefully tho, with you finding this new GP, things will be changing and improving for you soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

To see if your GP thinks/agrees with you that FM could be the reason for what you have been experiencing over the years, you may need to raise the possibility/idea with them. If you go armed with details of all your symptoms etc, as well as info about FM and why you feel that it fits with how you are/have been and go thru it, you should get a good idea of how open they are to the idea. Hopefully, from there it will start things moving towards you finally getting some answers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

WRT your ATOS assessment, have a look on the board about Working, DWP and Benefits, there is a lot of info on there that might be helpful to you.

Anything else that you're wondering about, just ask about it. With all the info and advice on here, there's a good chance that someone will have had a similar experience and may have some useful suggestions for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu May 23, 2013 6:41 pm

:welcome: to the forum Serafino :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello