hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby richy24 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 am

Hi everyone!!
Just wanted to introduce myself and really get some support and advice as im not coping great at all.
Im 24 year old male and iv been back and forward to docs with not much success, il start at the beginning just so u have the details lol.

Ok so wen i was 18 i had a testicular ultrasound for a lump which came back as varioceles but i was getting groin pain and the top of my legs were achy.
Since then til the beginning of last year i was worried but got on with my aches and pains, and having asthma i had some chest infections etc.

Last year was wen things seemed to get worse i was having the testicular aches again and lower back pain and since then a horrible pain in my right rib which had a wierd clicking sensation, again a testicular ultrasound, chest xray, abdominal ultrasound and a bunch of bloods which all came back fine other than a slight elevated liver reading but i had been popping lots of cocodomol!!!

Also since last august iv had swollen lymph nodes under my jaw that feel hard but r movable which doc wasnt worried about and sent me on my way, i have always had a funny stomach so i think ibs is involved, also my wisdom teeth have caused alot ot pain and what i think is tmj, i have wierd grisly feeling openin mouth and it cracks alot. Also since i was 18 i have had episodes of depression sometimes mild sometimes bad. Im very irratable and feel very alone and like no ones bothered, my mum keeps sayin its in my head. More recent things other than muscle pain have been sore underarms, weakness in arms headaches since start of year wen my dog was put to sleep. My stomachs felt worse and i feel i pee alot but its not painful but slightly uncomfy but again urine sample clean, and after hemeroids from it all i had a rectal exam again fine.

Im so sorry to rant but my anxiety is making me panic so much, iv had horrible nighmares of cancer etc and wen i googled my symptoms all sorts of very scary things came up other than cancer such as hiv which i just couldnt have but im constantly self checking. Please help and sorry again
richy24
UKFM Member

Re: hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum richy :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Am I right in thinking that as you've been asking Dr Googley about your various symptoms, Fibro is one of the possibilities that has popped up amongst a whole host of other potential conditions??? If so, then for now you really need to stop Googleying your different problems as the things you have described you are dealing with, as well as being symptomatic of FM, can also be down to a range of other illnesses and conditions, and the more you read about these possibilities, the more it is going to add to your anxiety levels and affect how you deal with other aspects of your life. Sorry to sound a bit on the mumsie side, but having done the exact same thing myself over the years, I'm unfortunately far too familiar with just how far it can drag you down :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I feel you might benefit from taking a step or 2 back from looking for possible causes and reasons for how you are feeling, and instead turn your focus to how you might be able to start getting some answers about things.

It can help to keep a diary over a period of time about your symptoms, how and when they affect you, what is happening around you at the time etc. This can help with painting that overall picture of what life is like for you on a day~to~day basis.

Once you feel you have enough info about the way you are being affected, take your diary, along with info about possible conditions and problems that you believe could be the cause of how you feel and see your GP to talk thru them. Also try to compile something about why you feel it could be these particular condition rather than other ones. Hopefully from there, your GP will be able to put your mind at ease a little about some possibilities, as well as take some of the other options as potential reasons and start off investigations that are felt to be necessary as part of the dx process.

If your GP seems to be unhelpful or dismissive of things, you may need to consider seeing a different one at your surgery, or if that isn't possible, then even consider changing to a different one to get the help you need to find out the reason/cause behind your problems.

In the meantime, have a bit of a look around the boards as they are full of info and advice. Even tho you currently are un~dx'd, there may still be some useful suggestions that could help make things a little more manageable for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby richy24 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Thx so much for your reply. God i know u shouldnt google these things!!!!! All its done is make things worse.
I feel my anxiety is totally interfering with day to day life, im over sensitive and get really down. I used to be really fit but with being depressed i tended to just sit about, so iv put weight on over the time too so i feel more lumps and bumps than before, but its a vicious cycle cos i cant be bothered and have convinced myself im ill.
I feel a bit better tht iv had a number of tests at least but obviously i have no real answer.
I dnt know y i havent joined a forum til now as iv felt so alone and stupid talkin to people as they totally dnt understand.

Thanks again
richy24
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Don't worry, you're not the only person who has done this sort of thing, and I'm pretty sure you won't be the last one either. As much as the t'interweb is an amazing resource, having easy access to so much info also comes with its own perils as well :shock: :shock:

Are you receiving any help for your anxiety?? Just wondering as, with how you have described it, it could be adding to the intensity of your symptoms. If you were able to start getting your anxiety levels reducing, it may also have a similar effect on your physical symptoms as well. It might be another element to consider exploring with your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby richy24 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Im not, i was on anti depressants but have been off them for a good while now, prob about a year and a half. I feel my anxiety is defo getting me down alot more and adding to it all. Im constantly upset about things and feel i need to get a grip but its so hard to. The worry makes me constantly check and for example the swollen glands are gettin poked and proded all the time and is prob worsening them.
Im going to go and see about my anxiety and try get more help.
I feel like the docs are so unconcerned and i want to believe thm but feeling sore always and everything else its like how can there possibly be nothing wrong!!!

Thx so much for your replies its great to be able to speak to people tht understand and dont make me out to be a lunatic lol
richy24
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi Richy and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat May 25, 2013 7:47 pm

:welcome: Richy

I think you need to talk to your gp again about your anxiety and get some help with that, it seems that could be the root to your problems and once that is under control things might start to change. :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby richy24 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks for the welcomes!!
Yeah its all becoming too much with the feelings i have something deadly going on. My anxiety is defo becoming alot to handle.
I feel even wen im trying to enjoy a day i just cant let go of this dread and anxiety its awful.
Woke up this morning and my face was so sore (wisdom teeth im sure) jaw was sore and i had this weakness in arms and underarms. Always have some wierd ache or pain :'(

Thx again guys its made me alot happier knowing there are many others tht know what its like and they are willing to talk to me about it

X
richy24
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm

:welcome:

Visit your dentist they can confirm TMJ and fit you with a mouthguard to wear at night to help relieve some symptoms such as headaches and tooth ache.
I have TMJ and my neck also has hard lumps, for me this is the muscle stiffness. My physio has to work on them to make them relax and go down but they soon appear again :roll:
I am full of lumps and bumps caused by the fibro and collection of muscle knots.

On the anxiety issue... when i was first getting all these symptoms i too went into a panic as i was fearfull of what was happening to me and i also ended up having x/rays for my chest as i get stiffness and painfull ribs. This turned out to be costochondritis. Both TMJ/Costo are associated FM coditions.

Anxiety was awful. I was getting terrifying symptoms and had no clue as to why as all tests were clear, this just sent me over the top with anxiety as not knowing what it was , was making me so ill mentaly.

I spent years in therapy CBT/hypnotherapy and councilling hoping to calm myself down as i has even become agrophobic by then.

Took many years and the diagnoses of fibro to settle down.

I think the panic of not knowing can cause such severe anxiety, it did in my case.

My first symptoms of fibro was TMJ

I live wth a male fibro and he also sufferes from testicular pain like hes been kicked in the noodles :shock: (knackers) trying to think of an apropriate word here :lol: :lol: i think this is a commen symptom for men.

Maybe write a diary also so it gives your GP an insight to what day to day life is but as said above the anxiety will intense symptoms so you must also seek help with that.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby richy24 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks for the reply lisa. Yeah i defo think also tht its the not knowing tht makes it much worse. I always psych myself for goin to doc and get real upset then i go and tell thm whats goin on fearful theyl say oh thats not good and they only ever say "i think u r fine its nothing".

Im going to go to doc again before the anxiety makes me go loopy (well more loopy) as im gettin upset and snappin at people cos theyre like uch ur fine calm it. Im an emotional wreck and i feel its just taking over my life.

Im goin to find a dentist as mine had changed hands to private only and i wasnt private.

I feel his pain im often achy there

Thx again
richy24
UKFM Member

hello

Postby Wendy 28 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi Rich, hang in there buddy. I've been through much the same as you (apart from all your blokey stuff lol) if ever you want to chat about this I'm all ears. I googled quite a bit a few years back and frightened the life out of myself. Best thing to do is listen to your body and look after yourself. You are who is important. Ensure you make the most of life and do the things that make you happy! It works! Keep smiling :)
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Postby richy24 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks wendy.
Im so annoyed with docs too i cant get app just now so im tryin for emergency app in the morning. All this stuff is so frightening and i know iv done most of it myself by googling and psyching myself up for bad news. Its crazy how many symptoms there is, im having wierd urine pains along with frequent peeing but again last urine test wen i felt this showed nothing n neither did bloods.
I just feel its takin over and its making me sooooo upset i feel awful about things n i feel in a bad place.

Thanks again i will defo chat to u :-) ul regret saying it lol! But seriously thanks its good to have a support
richy24
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello