New Group

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Group

Postby mtmburtonwid » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 am

Hi, I'm new on this site.

Following an industrial accident in November 2011, indescribable pain, doctors/hospital visits, changes to medication etc.
I was diagnosed with FM in Jan this year and have been trying to deal with the fall out every since. I have never really understood what has happened to me or how to deal with it.

I live in Widnes and my consultant arranged for me to have hydrotherapy in Halton Hospital and also FM education classes (planning and pacing)
The chance to meet up with others, hear their stories and benefit from their lessons learnt was as valuable as gold to me. I was so disappointed when the course ended and to be honest I was a bit afraid of going back to that 'isolation' I had experienced after my accident so I offered to collect every ones contact details, and passed out the list so every one could keep in touch.......That was the start.
Now we have a growing group of people and support from councils in the following areas:
Runcorn - St Helens - Warrington - Widnes and if any one from Liverpool wants to join us they are very welcome

We have a free venue (St Pius X church hall off Birchfield road in Widnes) and we meet on the first Tuesday of every month from 11.30 (was supposed to be for an hour but we chat, have hot hand wax baths have free refreshments and enjoy the time so much it goes on much longer)

We have a Facebook page and to save every one reinventing the wheel a small group of volunteers do research on subjects and/or we tell every ones story and experiences (anonymous or named what ever they want)
We now plan to become part of forums across the areas we serve. Our first one will be in the Carers Forum on 13th June from 10am till 2pm Stobart Stadium widnes.

If anyone is out there and wants to come along to our meeting, forums or sign in to our facebook page please get in touch and email me at emfibrogroup@outlook.com and I will give you the link to our facebook page and details of our group and activities.

DON'T BE ALONE

Speak soon
Mary :-D
mtmburtonwid
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Group

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little cyber escape from things Mary :-D :-D :-D

It's always good to hear about new groups being set up, on the main site there is a section where support groups can add their details of when they meet etc. It's somewhere we often suggest people look to see if there is a group in their area, so you might want to consoder adding your groups info to it (if you haven't done so already) so anyone who is looking will know where to find you and contact you. Here's the linky to it if you want to have a bit of a looky http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... roups.html

There is lots of other info and advice on here, some of which maybe useful to you, and some of which you may be able to add a little more to that could help others on here.

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello