hi all new to this site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi all new to this site

Postby dolphintara » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 am

hi everyone
my name is tara 5 children 21,18,15,13,and 7 three boys and 1 girl , just been told about I got fibromyalgia , I need to know how to push my body and when to rest , hard with a family and home 2 run , at the moment hubby put me 2 bed as my hands , legs , feet and fingers are hurting so much , so just a little note ,

will speak again soon
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Re: hi all new to this site

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little sanctuary Tara.

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as mountains of support and understanding and a bit of fun along the way. With you just being dx'd and wanting/needing to find answers to questions you have found whirling round and round, you could start by having a look thru some of the posts and topics across the boards. You may come across some ideas to try out that could be of help to you.

WRT pushing your body, forcing your way thru and doing things is something that we try to avoid doing as much as we can as doing so can actually make us feel worse. Instead, working out how long you can do something for without it making you feel too uncomfortable and taking regular breaks so you can pace yourself thru the day and hopefully not have too much taken out of you is how most of us manage things. It can be a bit awkward and frustrating at first, but once you get into your groove, it can help make a difference to how you feel. And with the ages of your children, getting them to help with things can also make things a little more manageable for you. I do know from my own own experiences that it's easier said than done to get the kids involved and helping out tho :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything that you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 am

Hello Tara.....You have your hands full with 5 children besides fibro. I have been dealing with fibro for 23 years, if I can help anyway, I will try.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dolphintara » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 pm

thank you ,

spoke to doctor this morning for anything else I can take , I feel so down as im not used to being in this much pain , my pain barrier is good but lately I need more pain relief , I am on so many tablets a day , feel like a rattle , lol, I am having a xray today on my hands to make sure its nothing else , when I try and tell people I feel like I been hit by a bus ,, they just don't understand , I have been reading about people with tramadol and seizers , well I have had my driving taken away for a bit , as I had a seizers , I have had mri , and eeg and a ecg but I now think it could of been my tramadol , has any 1 else had any seizers ,

thank you tara
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tara :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello