Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby RachelO » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi all :cow-wave:

I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Rachel, Im 24 and work full time in a call centre. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago.

I have been with my OH for over 5yrs, over the last few months we have been talking about starting a family. I have an appointment booked with the doctor, to disscuss coming off my medication as I cusrrenty take 50mg of amtytriptaline. Im very excited but nervous at the same time.

If anyone has any advice regarding pregnancy or bringing up children when you have fibro it would be greatly appreciated.

I've always wanted a family. As my fibro has seemed to get worse over the last few years, my partner and I have decided to have children now just incase my condition continues to get worse. I understand that the condition may get better but, I wouldnt want to wait and regret it at a later date. I am very lucky to have a very supportive and understanding partner.
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown
RachelO
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:52 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Rachel and :welcome: to our little escape from it all :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding, so have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place and see what there is.

There are a few members on here who are at various stages of pregnancy/growing children parts of their lives, from preparing to start trying thru to living with them at different ages. We have each found our own ways of getting thru the different stages and problems that have come up, so probably have lots of suggestions between us that might be useful for you. If you can tell us about the particular areas that are the most pressing/important to you at this moment, then we can hopefully give you some relevant things to look into rather than bombarding you with info about all aspects which would probably overwhelm you.

Meds wise, the best thing to do is talk to your GP as some meds are totally unsuitable to take when pregnant, whilst others, altho there may be risks attached to them, may still be able to be taken. Also, some meds need to have their dosage reduced gradually over a suitable period of time. This is another matter to discuss with your GP as things need to be worked out so that they are suitable for you.

And one final thing, as I've probably waffled on at you for enough now, for some women, pregnancy can have a marked effect on their FM with symptoms reducing and easing back in intensity thru~out their pregnancy and for a while after.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:32 am

Hi Rachel and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: good luck with your appointment :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: think Flup covered everything regarding pregnancy so no need to add anything else :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby RachelO » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 am

Thank you both for such a nice :welcome:
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown
RachelO
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 pm

We are a pretty friendly place, we like to try to help each other and support ourselves as much as possible. You will notice we have a positive and fun board and this is for trying to always keep our spirits up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its not always possible to see the bright side and sometimes we need to vent, feel free if its personal then post into private members only and the soundproofed booth as then its only members who see the post not the whole of the web :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope we can help you when you need it and am sure you'll then help others when you can :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby RachelO » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:02 pm

It's nice to have support and a place to vent. I agree we need to see the bright side where possible and try to keep our sprits up, no matter how hard this can be at times. I will try and help others where I can :-D
RachelO
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rachel :cow-wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello