Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Shaker21 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi

My name is Steve from Cambridgeshire 50 yrs old, not sure if im in the right forum.

I am new to this forum, I have a doctors appointment Wednesday. After goggling I have ended up here, so I registered. After several years of Right Knee hurting then left knee then both wrists and hands, hips, upper back like the pains are moving around my body, migraines on and off, ears ringing, feeling exhausted all the time, dizzy, depressed with the whole feeling of what is wrong with me, not wanting to go out and socialize.

Sorry to sound like a hypochondriac and doom and gloomy, but this is the facts. Bet my Dr says its all in the mind

So Hi to all and will let you know what the Dr says.
Shaker21
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Steve :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Don't worry about whether you're in the right place or not, focus your energies on your appt and hopefully getting some answers about the different things that are affecting you :grouphug: :grouphug: You're more than :welcome: to be part of our family, and may even find some useful suggestions on here that could help you in some way.

Have you made any preparations for your appt?? If not, you may want to think about compiling a list of symptoms and problems that you have as this can help with remembering all the things you want to mention. With you finding your way to us, you're probably wondering if FM could be the reason behind things, so maybe adding some info about the condition to your notes could be another thing to consider doing, as well as highlighting points which you find applicable to yourself, all to help with getting you a bit closer to some answers.

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a bit of a looky, you may come across other symptoms and things that affect you that could all be linked in to each other that you may not have considered being part of things before.

And when you go for your appt, try to keep your mind as open as you can rather than thinking possible ways your GP may react to what you have to say. Altho preparing yourself for all potential outcomes is a wise plan, you'll only know what their reaction is when you get to your appt and see how things go. From my own experiences, I know that trying to predict what will be said is never a good idea as it can get you all worked up unnecessarily :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with your appt, and if you want to let us know how things go, it would be good to hear about it. And depending on how it goes, there may be some ideas of what to do/try next to get things moving for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Shaker21 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 pm

:-)
Shaker21
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tracie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

Hi and welcome.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 am

Hi Steve and :welcome: to the forum glad you found us and hopefully we can be some help to you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sue1968 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie also, my name is Sue, I was DX on Wednesday of this week I'm very confused by fibromyalgia, ME and CFS I've been told that fm is the same as ME and CFS as well, can anyone shed any light on this for me....thank you
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello