Kiboshed!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Kiboshed!

Postby lurcher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Name is Jim,aged 63,located Ayrshire, history collapsed spine,Stenosis of spine, Ostearthritis, Osteporosis, and eventually diagnosed with FM. Last year was being treated for suspected asthma and given tube and graph to fill in. Finished up in A&E with Pneumonia, since the chest problems I am totally Kiboshed, its a real show stopper! It is a real effort to get out to garden, try sitting for several minutes and back indoors to rest. Thanks Jim
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: Kiboshed!

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Jim......you sure have been through the wringer haven't you. I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. Jim do you think these illnesses.....OA,, osteporosis and general arthiritis are a sign of age, or do they go along with fibro? I ask because when I hit 40 everything changed, I am full of arthiritis. I am now 56 and well I feel older than my 85 year olds next door.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jim :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding to help with getting thru the FibroDay :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There are a few male FMers on here, so you're not alone with this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to point you in the right direction :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lurcher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks for reply, I dont know if they are linked but my spine collapsed then diagnosed with OA told at 48 my spine was like 80yr old. I struggled on for several more years being told it was not life threatening then broke my fingers and ribs very easy, and at pain clinic Doc reconed I may have OP, bone density scan etc tested and confirmed, sent to physio and head of department there refused to touch me. They admitted they had never dealt with male with OP. My FM was diagnosed short time ago but have felt completely out of sinc and unwell for couple years, headaches, sore eyes, black and blue if I get knocked etc. Visit to Doc today says FM is common etc with old addage It aint life threatening! Thanks again JBD :sleep:
lurcher
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Jim...i really feel your pain through your words. You are right fibromyalgia is not life threatening. somehow I think it would be more believable if it was. It might be taken more seriously. One Dr that diagnosed me said.....good news, I know what is wrong with you!......bad news, you are going to live a painfully long life. LOL He also has fibro.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:56 am

Hi Jim and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello