Hello there!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello there!

Postby LauraLizard » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while and always meaning to post, but just never got round to it til now.

Anyway, my name's Laura, I'm 26 (though feel about 90 some days!) and I was diagnosed with what was initially ME and then Fibro last year. I can't say as I'm sure what the difference is between the two, but then I understand that's a bit of a bone of contention depending who you talk to!

I, like most people I imagine, have good days and bad. I work full time, which I'm immensely grateful for, though it does mean that it doesn't leave me with much energy to do anything else! I'm currently on Amitriptyline and have regular physio, but I'm still in the early stages of managing all this, so I can't really say yet whether it's helping. My current goal is working my way up to being able to do a yoga class once a week-it's not much but it'll be quite an achievement when I get there :)

Other than fibro stuff, I'm a bit of a hippy at heart, I tend to get lost a bit too easily in books, and my nickname is Lizard (hence the username). This is due to my love of basking in the sun and shuttling to the shade, not my scaly skin!

So yeh, that's me. Looking forward to getting to know you all :)
LauraLizard
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello there!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:25 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Laura :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding and quite a lot of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: as being :crazy: :crazy: certainly helps where this condition is concerned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are a few of us on here with both the FM and CFS/ME cards in our collection, so you're in :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: company :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You're right in that it can be a bone of contention as whether they are different or the same. I've noticed some subtle differences in what I experience when one has the upper hand compared to the other which tends to veer me more towards the different side rather than them being the same, but that's just how it seems to me.

Altho you're in the early stages of managing things, it sounds like you're heading in the right direction :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with achieving your weekly yoda class aim :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Whilst we have these conditions, it doesn't mean they have to control everything. Having our dreams and finding the way to get there is one of the things we can do to help keep things more under our control and behaving in more suitable ways :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And it doesn't matter how small something that you want to achieve may be, our journeys to get there tend to be much longer and complicated compared to those without FM and CFS/ME, which makes getting there that bit more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello there!

Postby denys » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello