Hello and a quick intro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello and a quick intro

Postby BonnGayle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello :wave: :wave:
Im Gayle I was diagnosed officially last week although Ive had symptoms for 7 years on and off although I thought it was arthritis for most of that time so the Fibro diagnosis took me by suprise, my diagnosis was Fibromyalgia with a secondary arthritis although which variety of arthritis he hasnt specified, I also suffer with PCOS and excema/asthma although tbh I think all these things probably have a link to each other somehow.
I am British originally from Essex but I live in the West of Germany as my husband is German, I tried to be diagnosed when it first all started 7 years ago and an English Rhematolagist told me he had no idea and to come back in 5 years :hit1: so I limped off and tried to live my life best I could it faded down for a few years but now its back with gusto I took myself to a German Reumy and he diagnosed me after 2 visits, I am working to gain acceptance I bought a foldy walking stick a back pack ( instead of a handbag) that it fits nicly into Ive also fight with myself over shoes but I know now in my heart I just cant wear heels anymore, Im trying to be mostly vegatarian I read that meat can trigger inflamation so seeing if that helps.
Im looking forward to talking to you all
Gayle x
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Re: Hello and a quick intro

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:19 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Gayle :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, and with you being so recently dx'd, you may also find some answers to questions you may have whizzing around your head. There's lots of support and understanding, as well as a bit of fun to help with getting thru the FibroDays :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The other conditions that you've mentioned, whilst there isn't anything officially saying they are linked together as so much research still needs to be carried out to prove/disprove all the possible theories, there is certainly a lot of evidence to suggest that there are a number of illnesses and conditions that are associated with FM.

Being told you have FM does tend to take you by surprise, and it takes time to accept that it is part of your life. If you give yourself some time to let things sink in tho, it will hopefully start to make a little more sense. And as you find yourself :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along and trying different things, you'll start to find the different things that make a difference to you. It's something that can't be rushed tho, and you will probably find that various things need tweaking and changing a little so you can live with your condition, such as wearing lower heeled shoes. This is something a lot of us have found so you're in good company :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with an answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello and a quick intro

Postby denys » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello