[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Close to diagnosis....finally the answer I have needed!!

Close to diagnosis....finally the answer I have needed!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Close to diagnosis....finally the answer I have needed!!

Postby Hayley_89 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi All,

I just wanted to show my support and also share my story to those who are waiting to be diagnosed and those who have been diagnosed.

I am a 24 year old women with a history of illness. I have never been seriously ill, so I am thankful for this, but I have always felt 'ill'.

My medical history in the last 3 years (shockingly long):
- Right ovarian cyst surgery x 2 (June 2011 & Feb 2012)
- Appendix surgery (no appendicitis found) (Nov 2011)
- Right Hip surgery for a labral tear (Jan 2013)
- Hyperhydrosis
- Irrital Bowel Syndrome
- Irrital Bladder Syndrome
- Stomach Ulcers
- UTI
- Glandular Fever
- Tonsillitis (tonsils were removed when I was 5. Supposedly tonsils an grow back!!!!)
- Strep A in throat
- Herniated spinal disc
- Abnormal pituitary gland
- Swollen lymph node in neck for one year (still to be checked)
- Chronic pain throughout - no improvement from any surgery

After all of this, I have finally today spoken to a neurologist physician who has said to me to come back in a week, as he wants to look at my whole medical file, MRI scans, CT scans etc. He has told me he is not letting me leave his care till he has an answer. I just cried when he said this. After three years of hell and seeing many doctors through NHS & privately, I finally had someone who wanted to piece the puzzle together and not open me up unnecessarily.

I asked him what his initial thoughts were, and he mentioned Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue. After researching the symptoms and reading this forum, I am pretty sure this is what I have.

Straight away I feel myself explaining to people that this is not laziness that I am feeling. It is an overwhelming feeling of just not being able to do anything. Evening watching TV can sometimes feel like a mountain climb and I will resolve to sitting in silence. I can walk and I can live a relatively normal life thankfully, but it comes with its consequences. I am on paracetamol & ibuprofen every day. I can not take part in intense exercise due to how ill I will be the following day/week. I can not carry bags for long. I can not walk for long. I can not stand for long. I try to not impact my life, and I stay as positive. But OMG it is so tough on the body.

I look at young 24 year old women and think, how the hell can you be doing that without pain. And then now I know why, because they do not have something wrong with them.

I am not unhappy that I may have Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue. I am actually ecstatic that I will soon have a diagnosis that I will understand and that others can understand. Like I said before, I am very lucky that it doesn't impact my life as much as others.

I would like to send my love and prayers to those who do suffer from this, and would like to send courage and prayers to those who think they may be going mental without a diagnosis. Make sure you never give up till you are understood for what you go through day to day!!

Take care all

x Hayley x
Hayley_89
UKFM Newbie

Re: Close to diagnosis....finally the answer I have needed!!

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hayley :cow-wave:

I have moved your post into here as it was your 1st one. :cow-wave:

The consultant you saw sounds like a nice doc, hope you get some answers soon, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello