Help!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help!

Postby Jules42 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:02 am

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie on here. I was diagnosed with fibro just over two years ago after returning from NYC and not being able to shift the jet lag!

Due to this heat wave I'm experiencing the worst flare up ever! Everywhere hurts, from my jaw down to my toes! Nothing helps, I've tried painkillers, massage, ice, heat, chiropractor, gel rubs ... You name it ive tried it. Gp has, on Monday, put me on a low dose - 10mg amitryptiline, cant have a higher dose because im taking 20mg of fluoxetine everyday for my depression, but still can't sleep because of he pain. As fellow fibro sufferers you'll know that no sleep makes you worse.

Can anyone recommend anything to ease the pain I'm in please? I haven't been to work since I was sent home Tuesday and every day feels that bit worse at the moment.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice you can offer. Thank you :)
Jules42
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help!

Postby Tracie » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:12 am

I am same have tired everything,I do swimming and go in the jacuzzi as that helps a little.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 am

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Jules and :welcome: to the forum.

Most of us seem to be in that boat with you at the moment thanks to the heat :facepalm: :facepalm: I'm still trying to find a suitable way to deal with how cruddy it is making me feel, so no useful suggestions from me at the moment I'm afraid :( :( :(

With you only starting the amitriptyline on Monday, it's unlikely that you'll be feeling much benefit from it at the moment. Like other anti~ds, it needs time to get into your system, build up and make its presence felt properly. This can take about a month to reach, so you will need to persevere with things a bit longer before you will really know if they are helping.

WRT other things you could take along side your current combo, talking to your friendly, neighbourhood pharmacist would be a sensible things to do as they will be able to advise you about what could be suitable for you as there are different things available in different dosages.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jules42 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you for replying! Good to know its not just me feeling excruciating pain coz of this dam heat. Thanks for tip re jacuzzi ill give that a try over weekend. The best meds I found were syndol but they're not on the market at the mo .... Most frustrating :( :cry:
Jules42
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 pm

:welcome: welcome to the forum Jules :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:22 am

Hi Jules and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: tepid baths or showers can sometimes help when the heat has got you drained and sticky etc. windows open and fans going too unfortunately the heat seems to be getting to a lot of us, its supposed to break soon :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello