Newly diagnosed with questions

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed with questions

Postby traceygl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with FIBRO but everything I have read about it indicates severe pain all the time. I do have pain and stiffness and find it difficult when mobile because my feet,legs back and hips hurt but the pains not too bad when sitting and resting. I also have muscle twitches,burning sensations, tremors,dizziness and a daily severe headache( helped with amitriptyline) I do feel like I have absolutely no energy to do anything and difficulty sleeping.I guess my question is can this be fibro when I am not in excruciating pain all the time?
traceygl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed with questions

Postby anteucke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes, you sound just like me. Fibro severity varies from person to person! You have all the classic symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 18 months ago but had symptoms for many years. Most days the pain is ok and I also question the diagnosis. There are lots of places available for you to safely ask all the many questions I am sure you will have. Facebook have several, as well as here. Gentle hugs to you :goodluck2:
anteucke
UKFM Newbie

Postby fedup2 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes.pain can vary,when you have what is called a flare up it feels a whole lot worse,however you can go through periods where you can have little or no pain,when this happens to me i tend to over do it & bring on a fibro flare so it defeats the object really,each person is different in the amount of pain they feel & the areas they feel it in.
This forum is great for finding out more about it & how people deal with it,my main problem is getting people ( apart from my family ) to actually believe there is anything wrong with me.
Take care gentle hugs :-)
fedup2
UKFM Newbie

Postby traceygl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:00 pm

I have been suffering years also before diagnosis my pain is really bad if I try to walk ect. I literally can't stand up for more than a few minutes but if I rest its pretty mild so I tend to sit around far more than I should
traceygl
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 pm

yep we are all different and all suffer differently too, you have to remember that pain is subjective and what is excruciating to one person may not be to another. Same as we dont all respond to different treatments or meds as the next person.

If you doubt your diagnosis then go back to see your doc and ask :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby melrose305 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 pm

hi, ive not long been diagnosed with fibro & feel exactly the same as you, at the moment my pain levels are quite low but im having real bad problems sleeping, my consultant recomended amitryptaline (cant spell lol) but its given me some very strange side affects, at times i feel really dizzy/woozy & i was considereing stopping it but my gp signed my off for 2 weeks so i could get used to it, i guess we are all different & our pain thresholds are all different.
melrose305
UKFM Newbie

Postby traceygl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:56 am

melrose305 wrote:hi, ive not long been diagnosed with fibro & feel exactly the same as you, at the moment my pain levels are quite low but im having real bad problems sleeping, my consultant recomended amitryptaline (cant spell lol) but its given me some very strange side affects, at times i feel really dizzy/woozy & i was considereing stopping it but my gp signed my off for 2 weeks so i could get used to it, i guess we are all different & our pain thresholds are all different.

I am on amitryptiline too and it has absoloutly no effect on me, it made me sleepy for first week then nothing,infact I have been told to double my dose from this evening from 10mg. To 20mg hoping that helps
traceygl
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: tracy and :welcome: to our little sanctuary :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The info available about info on "official" type sites tends to be rather broad and general so that you have an overview of what the condition can involve. It's only when you start finding out about individual experiences of having it does it become apparent that things can and are somewhat different, and at times can make you wonder if what you ave been dx'd with is actually right.

As you find out more and learn about how you personally are affected by the condition, you will hopefully find that these wonderings start to subside. You could also have a look thru more of the topics on here as there's a good chance you will come across someone who has posted about a similar concern to yours.

Anything else that you're wondering about, ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby traceygl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote::cow-wave: :cow-wave: tracy and :welcome: to our little sanctuary :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The info available about info on "official" type sites tends to be rather broad and general so that you have an overview of what the condition can involve. It's only when you start finding out about individual experiences of having it does it become apparent that things can and are somewhat different, and at times can make you wonder if what you ave been dx'd with is actually right.

As you find out more and learn about how you personally are affected by the condition, you will hopefully find that these wonderings start to subside. You could also have a look thru more of the topics on here as there's a good chance you will come across someone who has posted about a similar concern to yours.

Anything else that you're wondering about, ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Thank you for the welcome I am slowly working my way through the posts in the forum :-D
traceygl
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello