Hello All

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello All

Postby Lilley » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello everyone

I'm 21 and was diagnosed with fibro just over a year ago, it's taken me this long to accept the diagnosis and I've finally plucked up the courage to join here and learn more about it. I have had fibro a lot longer than my diagnosis, mainly due to doctors putting symptoms down to being a child and then being a teenager, my rheumatologist agrees, after tracing back to the beginning of the problems, that I have had it for around 10 years. As I've said I've only just accepted it all and decided not to let it get me down and learn about it as much as I can.

I'm a carer for my partner who also has fibro, M.E and other health issues. Our daily life can get quite interesting if we're both having a bad day! We have 3 cats and 1 dog who brighten our days. I don't really know what else to put, I'm terrible at introductions, so will leave it here with saying I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum :-)
Lilley
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello All

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:17 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Lilley and :welcome: to our little sanctuary. Hope you'll find being part of our FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There's lots of info and advice across the boards, as well as support and understanding and a bit of fun along the way as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Quite a few of us on here are owned and looked after by various furryends as well :cat2: :dogrun1: They even have their own thread where they can talk to each other :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on you for deciding you're not going to let this condition get you down :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: It does take time to accept having FM, as we have to find our way there and try as we might, it's something that can't be hurried :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Have a look and a read as you find your way around the place, with the vast amount of stuff on here, there should be some things that could help you in some way, shape or form :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am

Hello Lilley and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby totsy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

hya and welcome :-D
totsy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lilley » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you for all the welcomes :)
Lilley
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lilley :cow-wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello