Hi, this is new for me :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, this is new for me :)

Postby Smurfy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 am

Hi, I've never joined an online forum before. After 2 years of various tests I've recently seen a really good rheumatologist and received an official diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I am 41, married for 22 years and have two teenagers, 17 and 18. I had a spinal fusion 20 yrs ago and now suffer from a spinal stenosis, with permanent sciatica. It's thought this triggered the Fibro.
I'm exhausted all the time, severe pain in legs, hips and back mostly. I have started getting confused when really tired and feeling a bit low at the moment. My IBS has flared up again and I work 30 hrs a week as an administrator, but it can be a struggle.
Anyway enough about me, I'm looking forward to being able to share how I feel with some of you :-D
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, this is new for me :)

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 pm

HI Smurfy and :welcome: to the forum.

Lots of advice, support and information here :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Smurfy ,love the name :-) welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy read through various threads and even the info outside the forum . It has been a real lifeline to me and helped me through a few flares.
Just reading your post made me tired you seem very busy, working full time and running your home and dealing with other chronic conditions.
I hope you find the forum helpful and look forward to chatting some more.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Smurfy :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how you are feeling at the moment, it's not unusual to find that after you've been given your dx that it does knock you off your game to a degree. It seems to be the realisation of what FM is and the enormity of having condition hit you both at the same time. Quite often, allowing yourself a little time to let things sink in and make a little more sense can help make things seem a little less overwhelming.

The confusion you're experiencing when really tired is what is known as FibroFog and affects all of us at some point along the way, usually at the most inconvenient times :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's one of the most annoying problems that FM dumps on us, often leaving us wondering if there is something else setting in that is making us like this :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I can't say that you ever get used to living with a head full of mush, but as the more upset and stressed you become about it, so the fog becomes comes rolling in even thicker and even faster, so if you can find a way to stay relatively calm, settled when it hits, then hopefully it will become a touch easier to manage.

There is lots of other info and advice across the boards, so have a look and a read of things as you find your way around. Anything that you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Smurfy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi everyone and thank you - I'm suddenly feeling I'm not alone!
I had a good night's sleep last night, boy doesn't that help!
I've read through a lot of the threads and the info and comments are really helpful :-D
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:48 am

Hi and welcome.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello