Hi Folks, I'm a forum newbie!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Folks, I'm a forum newbie!

Postby CheekyDad70 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 am

Hi to you all,
I'm new to the forum and I've been building up the courage to post something, so here I go!

I'm Duncan, a 43 year old single Dad, living with my cheeky 11 year old boy, who's seriously ace. I was formally diagnosed with FM over 2 years ago, but due to bad referrals and an inattentive GP, I've had the condition for over 7 years now.

I manage to still work full time, in clinical research of all things, fortunately I'm able to work flexible hours, which is a big help. My Boss is very understanding of my condition, and has been fantastic when I need to take time off, or to leave work early when I feel particularly grotty.

I love playing electric guitar, as well as collecting them. I also like books, movies and have become slowly drawn to the world of gaming, thanks to my Son, which is fun though my gaming skills are seriously lacking.

Although I'm new to posting of the FM forum, I have found the forum an amazing place of empathy and understanding and I'm really keen to be a part of the FM community. Unfortunately I've only met one other Fibro sufferer, though they coped with the condition by not actually talking about it, which is a great shame I think.

I really look forward to being a part of the forum and it's lovely to meet you all.
Duncan x
CheekyDad70
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi Folks, I'm a forum newbie!

Postby denys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Duncan and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you support when you need it we do have some men on here so you wont be alone :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kazisedso » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi Duncan,

And welcome to this lovely forum, it really is a great place to get information and share your problems, and have a laugh etc. I hope you find it as useful as I have over the last few months, can't recommend this site enough,
All the best to you.
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby CheekyDad70 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Many thanks to Denys and kazisedso for the lovely warm welcome. Thank you Guys :-D

I'm really looking forward to learning more about the condition and any hints I can get as to how to deal with it. I'm really thrilled to be a part of this amazing forum.
Duncan
CheekyDad70
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:33 pm

:welcome: Duncan!

Lots of information around the boards. You can also do a search (up above) on any subject to see if there has been anything posted accross the forum.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm

hi :wave: and :welcome: Duncan,

thank you for your intro

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello