Fibromyalgia ?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia ?

Postby marknico » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:06 am

Hi all I`m Mark and I`m 43 and live in Leicester UK
After abit of advice I have been suffering with many conditions over the last 10 years or so, doctors all put it down to anxiety and stress which I`ve never really believed to be the case.

My symptoms include severe chest pains all the while - aches in arms & elbows - dizzy - strange sensations in my chest - neck & back aches - feel hot and clammy skin - shortness of breath - no energy - heart beats stronger - upset stomach - weak at the knees - low energy - `ive been down a & e numerous times thinking I was having heart attacks but no problems have been found they did chest xrays - ecg`s - blood tests and all ok ??

Been to the docs more times than I`ve been home - seen different docs and they all say anxiety\panic attacks and stress - they have put me on sertraline 100mg daily medication which as yet has made no difference and now I can`t even sleep at night - my symptoms have got worse over the years and I`m at my wits end with it all - I`ve lost my job through it - my home life is wrecked I just stay in and feel crap from 1 day to the next

Just want to hear from others who suffer with this dreaded illness to see if my symptoms could be fibromyalgia and how to get diagnosed and receive help to cope with it all - hope to hear back from someone :-)
Many thanks Mark.....
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into clearer paragraphs for easier reading.
marknico
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia ?

Postby BonnGayle » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 am

It sounds like it to me but I really think you need to get refferred to a reumatologist who can asses you properly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:52 am

Hi

I agree your best bet is to get your GP to referee you to a reumotologist as they will be able to confirm or not. After 10 + years of feeling crap it took a total collapse at work for my GP to finally look into what was happening and after having so many tests I was finally referred and he diagnosed fibromyalgia straight away which was a relief

Hope you can get some progress

S :-D
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:20 pm

:welcome:

Apart from asking for a referal to a Rhumatologist you could seek another opinion by a physiotherapist/chiropractor/osteopath

Ok you will have to pay for the assessment but this can confirm a fibro diagnoses or a strongly suspected fibro case. This then will have to be acted on by your GP for further investigations/referals to consultants etc...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi Mark and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: we cannot say whether your symptoms are attributed to FM or not as we aren't qualified but you do seem to have a lot that may be.

Go to your docs and ask if they think its possible and ask for a referral to a rhuematologist, FM is diagnosed by ruling out all other things therefore it can take some time before being 'officially' diagnosed :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello