Hi, i'm new to posting on the forum!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, i'm new to posting on the forum!

Postby M Nelson-Smith » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 am

Hi everyone

And can I first thank everyone for their help, even though I haven't posted before I have been reading this site for a long time.

I haven't had fibro diagnosed yet but my surgeon, pain doc and Gp all think that I have it and after reading everything I can get my hands on I think so as well. I'm going to ask to be refered to a rhuematologist so i can be diagnosed yes or no as not nowing for definate is hard.

I no longer work partly because of this and partly all my other ailments lol! I hated giving up work as I truly loved my job, I was a hopsitality lecturer, I miss it very much. I see the pain clinic doctors and nurses regularly and am currently using Fentanyl patches along with Fentanyl buccal tablets for breakthrough pain, I use 40mg nortriplyine at night time but I am still in severe chronic pain. I have tried all the usual suspects such as duloxitine, gabapentin etc. you all know them so won't bore you! None of them worked for me but that is my normal and all the docs I see all come to the conclusion that I'm unique, this is a time which I wish I were normal :lol:

I'm looking forward to talking to everyone now i've managed to get the confidence up to say hello.

Emzie :-D
M Nelson-Smith
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, i'm new to posting on the forum!

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

Hello Emzie and :welcome: aboard :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Hi, i'm new to posting on the forum!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:42 am

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Emzie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Glad you've managed to say Hello :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: There is lots of support and understanding on here, wherever you are on the path with your FM quest, as well as a bit of fun to help keep you going thru the day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If there's anything you think we might be able to help you with, don't be afraid to ask about it, and we'll try to point you in the direction of a suitable answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello