Saying Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Saying Hi

Postby gizmo72 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:44 am

Hi all, my name is Jacqui and I was diagnosed with Fibro about 3 years ago also I have connective tissue disease. I live near Macclesfield in a lovely village near Jodrell Bank.
I live with my fiancé Tony and our pet dog 'Gizmo'! his eldest son lives with us and we have his younger son at weekends and summer holidays. I love making my own jewellery and making cards which helps to keep my mind off the pain a little. Even though I have been diagnosed with Fibro for some time I find new pains occurring daily :scream-1: . I hope to make new friends and share experiences of this nightmare disease.
Hugs to all, Jacqui :crazy:
gizmo72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Saying Hi

Postby LouLou » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jacqui

I've had FM for about 2 years now (well officially diagnosed though looking over my medical history I seem to have been showing signs from as far back as 4 years)

I have a doglet too called Belle, she's a collie cross lab and my hubby rescued her when she was brought to his kennels by the local council after they took her from an abusive home. She came to stay the night so hubby could keep an eye on here and she hasn't left since lol.

gizmo72 wrote:Even though I have been diagnosed with Fibro for some time I find new pains occurring daily

This is something I too am finding as in the last 2 weeks my back has been so painful It keeps me awake most nights. I have never had any back problems before in my life and when FM started it never affected my back before now.

My GP is monitoring this as he said the slightest move the wrong way can knock something in the back out of sync, so he is hoping (and I am too) that it rights itself soon.

This forum is a fab place to make new friends, vent our frustrations about the world and this awful illness and you can pick up some great tips too. It's been a lifeline to me the last few years.

Look forward to chatting with you on here
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby gizmo72 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Lou Lou,
My dog is a papillon chihuahua cross and is 2 years old next month. He is sooo spoilt but makes me smile on even my worst days.
I can relate to what you say about feeling you had it for longer than the diagnosis. I had pains for at least a couple of years before but just put it down to over doing things.
Got plenty of reading to do on all the topics on the forum not sure where to start. Thanks for introducing yourself Lou Lou. Chat soon xx
Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk 2
gizmo72
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Jacqui :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm a little further along the path than you and Lou, I've been part of the gang for 13 and a bit years, but even now I'll have something new and different appear randomly :facepalm: :facepalm: It's as if FM has to throw something extra into the mix as a reminder that it is always lurking in the shadows, just so we don;t think we're getting a hold on things :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I got myself a bit confused when I was reading this
gizmo72 wrote:I live with my fiancé Tony and our pet dog 'Gizmo'! his eldest son lives with us and we have his younger son at weekends and summer holidays.
as my brain decided to interpret as it was Gizmo's eldest son living with you, and it was Gizmo's younger son that came to stay with you at the weekends and during the summer hollibobs :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :oops: :oops: :oops:

There are a few crafters on here, and there is a dedicated board, so you're in good company :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: There are also a few of us who are owned by doglets and other furryends, they even have their own thread where they talk to each other, all to help add a little :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: into the FibroDays :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you want to know about, just ask as there's usually someone not too far away with an answer, [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and/or a :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: to :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello