[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello, newly diagnosed....

Hello, newly diagnosed....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello, newly diagnosed....

Postby Tamm1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello

My names Tammi, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at the beginning of August. My symptoms started in October after what was seemly a bad back at the time which went down hill and spread to all over quite quickly. Originally my first doctor was terrible and after no improvement with a physiotherapist and a cocktail of Tramadol, steroids and morphine, she took me off everything two days before Christmas with a flippant shrug of the shoulders and telling me to come back in a month if it really doesn't improve! I'm sure you can imagine my Christmas was not the best I'd had and in the new year ended up calling a doctor out who prescribed me with morphine. I went to a new doctor in the new year at the same surgery and he has been my saviour. My husband has been with me for every appointment since and have spent nearly an hour with my doctor at some appointments where he has listened, let me cry and explained everything he can about medication, treatments and consultants throughout everything.

I'm currently on Fentanyl, Amitriptyline and in the last couple of weeks come off Venlafaxine and started Duloxetine which was recommended by the Rheumatologist and my god it has been hard. I also have a pain clinic appointment tomorrow which I am really hoping will help.

It's been very up and down physically and mentally and has taken me a while to pluck up the courage to join this forum however I have been visiting for a while now looking for help and advice which has really helped.

Thanks, Tammi x
Tamm1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello, newly diagnosed....

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:35 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Tammi and :welcome: Glad you've taken the plunge and joined our FibroFamily :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It's nice to hear you've already found some useful help and advice from your visits, hopefully we'll be able to keep doing the same sort of thing for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: We also do a good line in support and understanding, :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: to hug when you need them and of course, mountains of [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] for those days when it's the only answer to all the problems in the world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: There's also a bit of fun added in now and again :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hope your pain clinic appt has gone well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hello, newly diagnosed....

Postby denys » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:11 am

Hi Tammi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello