Feeling Lost

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling Lost

Postby cath22 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:15 am

Hi im not sure where I post this, im new to the forum and to Fibromyalgia. I went to the doctors last monday as im fed up with all my pain especially my legs. ive been loads about this and was told I had RLS ages ago, but the doctor last monday said all my symptoms have gone on so long now and I have Fibromyalgia. he put me on amitriptyline which I have to build the dose up over 3 weeks and that was that. Im so worried now as Im a full time carer for my partner and dont really know what to do. im not very good at explaining things, just feel like ive been hit with this news and nothing explained about it. im sorry for waffling on I just dont know what to do next, feeling very lost and dont know where to turn or what I need to do :( xxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sentences clearer so post is a bit easier to read.
cath22
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feeling Lost

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:54 pm

:welcome: to our to our little bit of FairyLand Cath :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Wish it was the magical FairyDust that brought you here instead of Fibro :( :( :(

This board where you have posted is absolutely fine with this being your into, most new joinees start off in here with a little of their story about what has led them here.

How you're feeling at the moment is how a lot of us felt when we were told we have FM, whilst there's a bit of relief with the thought that there is finally a name to call what you have been experiencing and living with, it is very quickly followed by something like how you're currently feeling :( :( :( I know it all seems very dark and overwhelming at the moment, with far too many questions and wonderings, but nowhere near enough answers for things to start making a bit of sense, but with you joining us, hopefully we'll be able to help you get thru this phase and on a path taking you somewhere a little lighter and brighter :grouphug: :hugs: :blowkiss:

For explaining things, on here at least, we seem to be able to understand most of what each other is trying to say as we are, or have been in a similar place ourselves, so try not to dwell on at least that little bit if you can. When it comes to explaining things to others tho, that's were it tends to get most of us all flustered and upset :cry: :cry: :cry: It's another thing that can get a little easier, esp when you learn a bit more about the condition and the ways it can affect us, as well as how it affects you. It's another part of the way to that lighter and brighter place that needs crossing where there will be plenty of people there to help you thru it :grouphug: :hugs: :flowers:

Amitriptyline is one of the first meds tried when someone is told they have FM. As well as being an older~style antidepressant, it has also been found to help with pain and sleep problems, and for some can be a very effective med. It needs about a month to get into your system fully and start taking a real effect, so don't be surprised if you don't feel much, if any, benefit at first.

With you being unsure about what to do next, maybe start with having a bit of a looky and a read across the boards. They're packed with info and advice and ideas and suggestions that you may find helpful. You may also find some answers to things you've been wondering about. And as there usually tends to be someone not too far away, you can always ask about things and we'll try and point you in the direction of hopefully a helpful answer :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cath22 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Thank you so much I will have a good look through the forum and thank you for making me welcome xxx
cath22
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:09 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 pm

Hia cath :grouphug: im new on here too it must be realli hard 4u as you are taking care of ur hubby too awwwwww its a lot to take in isnt it i got diagnosed monday! can u book a double appt with ur gp who u get on with? and may be get some rest bite sorted so u can have a rest? just thinking out loud,the guys on here r great! and glad i found site u need suppot like us all im also on anatriptiline,took a while to kick in and slept well to start then had dose increased + more medz pregablin is ok ish takes edge of for me but its made me put on weight! grrrrrrrrr + on butrans patches 30mg they suit me but not everyone,i have started to get a tingly tounge now dont know if any 1 else gets that? gp at 1st thought diabeties but its not phew! i hope ur okay? im also getting a memory foam mattress delivered friday + hope it helps ur not on ur own with this hun i dont know any1 close to me that has it so dont think its that common but know us ladies r more at risk of getting this pain in the butt fibro! sending hugs 2u xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:29 pm

hi and welcome Cath and Debsmith,

have a look around and ask any questions
this is a great site, like family
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello