New to the site do I have fibromyalgia?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the site do I have fibromyalgia?

Postby Ashleigh90 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi everyone, my name is ashleigh and I live in Scotland I came across FM recently and can't help but think I have put a name to all the things I have been experiencing over the past few years, I am only 23 so things have been tough. For the past few years I have developed many things, I have had depression, severe headaches, chronic fatigue, and a lot of pain all over my body. I got over the depression by tablets, headaches then occurred less frequently but then the fatigue got so bad I would get up for about 2 hours and would have to go back to bed and this was a cycle for about 2 years then the doc diagnosed CFS, the past few months about 7/8 I have had very sore back pain and leg pain, now hip and groin pain and arm pain, I have no idea what's going on but I sometimes wish it would be raiser if I wasn't here because I have so much pain everyday, I take lots of medication co/codimal, tramadol, amytriptiline, paroxetine too. It does manage it but most of the time it's always there any never goes. They initially thought my back pain was a back related problem but I have had an MRI and nothing had shown up. Also if I or someone touched me a little hard I have excruciating pain sounds silly but I do, and I have noticed the very painful tender areas back legs buttocks hips etc. I have the do tot again this Friday do you think I should mention FM to him? Also sorry for going on its good to get it all out as I feel so lonely.

Thanks
Ashx
Ashleigh90
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to the site do I have fibromyalgia?

Postby HazelB » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:25 am

Hi Ash, too tired to write much but just wanted to say welcome. I would mention what you've written here to your doctor ...sometimes we need to give them a nudge in the right direction to get a diagnosis. Xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:05 am

We are not qualified to say whether or not you have FM so really you need to speak to your doc, have all the tests to exclude all the other conditions that FM can mimic and hopefully it wont be but if it is then :welcome: to the forum and if you need answers to other questions or just a bit of support then we are always here
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Ashleigh :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things have been for you :grouphug: :grouphug: Please try not to think that things might be easier if you weren't here, I'm sure those closest to you certainly wouldn't think so.

As Denys has said, we can't say if you have FM :( :( :( For that you need to see your GP, discuss it with them and see what they have to say. This is because as well as FM, the symptoms and things you have mentioned can also be attributed to a number of other conditions/illnesses, all of which need to be investigated, which can take time. And it's usually only when these other possibilities have been ruled out that an FM dx tends to be given.

With something like FM, the pain doesn't always go, regardless of the meds cocktail you may be on. For a lot of us, our cocktails take the edge off things for us, but it tends to be with us in varying intensities all the time. I'm in pain all the time, and have been for about 13 years, and there are others on here who have been affected longer than I have.

You've nothing to lose by talking to your GP about FM, maybe print up some info from a reputable source such as from the main UKFM site or NHS Choices go thru it and the symptoms you experience and use it all to show why you think it could be FM. Hopefully then it will start things off to you getting some answers.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello