Hi I'm new and confused...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm new and confused...

Postby felinefine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 am

Hi All

I have registered here a few weeks but I don't think my first hello appeared...I have been on long term sick from work since July, I was admitted to hosp them with a TIA, I have been in 3 times since with the same symptoms. Massive head pain and vomiting. Only morphine shifts it. I was eventually diagnosed with Fibro about June time after a couple of years being fobbed of by the GP who eventually after a fight sent me to Rheumatology. My Fibro has flared up something terrible since being home, I cant move this morn, leg and back pain unbearable. I'm taking Amitriptyline, paracetomol (cant spell) and tramadol. The rheumatologist has sent a letter to my GP to change to pregabilin?? I can't stop feeling really low, I cry an awful lot, I live a lone and find the chores and garden so hard and I need to get back to work to pay the bills.

I'm sorry I feel like I'm gone on, looking forward to finding out how I can improve my life and hopefully contribute something positive here xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Re: Hi I'm new and confused...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little sanctuary :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I've had a look and the only posts I can find are the 2 you have made today under this screen name. It's not unusual for the Gremlins to nab a post that you think you have made and scuttle off into the ether of t'interweb with it, doing whatever it is that Gremlins do with such things :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sorry to hear what you've gone thru and how it is making you feel :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hopefully, by becoming part of our FibroFamily, you'll be able to find some things to help you find your way back to a place that is a little lighter and brighter than where you are at the moment :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

There is a lot of info and advice across the boards, so maybe have a little looky and see what there is. There is a board dedicated to Hints and Tips on Coping, so maybe that could be somewhere to start.

We all understand what this condition can do to us as, at some point along our journeys we all seem to have/go thru similar experiences which helps us support each other thru the crud and rubbish FM lobs at us.

Anything that is on your mind, don't feel nervous or :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: about asking about it. There is a good chance someone will have gone thru something similar and may have some helpful suggestions for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: hopefully we can offer you some support and help just ask and we will do our best, Fibro feeds on stress so the more you worry about getting back to work and the chores and the garden the worse you will feel. Take things slowly, maybe talk to your doc and work about a phased return so you arent thrown in the deep end.

Learn to pace, thats the best advice I can give as it is the only way to manage with FM/CFS/ME you have to break tasks down into managable sized pieces then things actually get done without wiping yourself out completely
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibromummy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi I am new too, can appreciate everything you say especially not keeping up with the house and garden, I know my place is the scruffiest on the street!

Anyway I found fly lady helpful for the house work, she gets you to do things in 15m chunks (I changed to 5 mins or less as I cant do 15m) then you get to rest!!! Check it out - its American but still a great motivator.

Don't feel alone either, yesterday I wanted to give up altogether but today the sun shines! (no change on the house or the pain though) :lol:
fibromummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi there, how long have you been taking Amitriptyline? I take duloxatine instead but they can take up to a month to work, if your dr has you on a high dose it will do pain and depression together, I've been on the duloxatine for 3 years now, hugs and hang on in there xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi

I have just seen the replies to my post, I'm pretty rubbish at finding my way around this. I stopped the amitriptyline and was put on Pregabilin, now off of that, I took 75mg for a week and upped it to 150mg twice day. I had an emergency apt with the GP last Thursday who took me off of it straight away. I was hysterical, couldn't stop crying, mumbling to myself and had terrible thoughts. I know this drug may help others and don't want to put people off trying it. It just wasn't right for me!

The doc has now just told me to take paracetamol and tramadol for two weeks and then go back to look at it again.

Thinking of physio referral now, any one else had this?

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 am

hi feninefine,

see, same happened to me
just had written a long reply and off it went into thin air
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

pacing is the word guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1 guinea_pi_1

and try

viewforum.php?f=5

break tasks in small junks
praise yourself for the small tasks you do

keep us informed

phased return sounds good
takes the pressure off you, eases you into work slowly and the workplace gets something too
a winner all around, but not before you are ready

can't remember the rest, sorry
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks Lu

I'm struggling today URGH, but trying to stay focused, I have a friend coming over to go to lunch, still in PJs :oops: I am certainly accepting more, that I can't do what I was.

How are you Lu? were you diagnosed long ago or are you a newbie?

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello