Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby drbeard » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:24 am

Hi, Iv'e been suffering for a few years, but was finally diagnosed with f.m in march this year.
It's hard going but I'm managing to hold down a full time job as a boatbuilder (narrowboats) and indulge in my in hobbies
playing guitar and bass (which I think helps) and my beloved Harley Davidson.
Feeling pretty rough today,loads of pain and no sleep so it's another unpaid day off work
drbeard
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:47 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our FibroFamily drbeard :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good on you being able to hold down your job :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Boat building is intricate and difficult at the best of times, adding FM into the process can only intensify these things. Being able to keep on with hobbies is always good for the soul, and as for the Harley........................well we have a neighbour who has one, and knowing what he is like with his, I can understand why you want to keep on with it as long as you possibly can :f1-car:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, along with support and understanding, esp during those times when it seems like FM is swallowing everything up around you. We also like to have a bit of fun when we can, maybe you could provide us with a suitable backing track for such times :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything that you're wondering about, don't be afraid to ask as we're all pretty friendly and nice, and will try to help you as best as we can :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello