Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Oriole » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello...

Last week I was diagnosed with Fibro and although this was not unexpected, I am finding it weird adjusting to the news. I shouldn't really I suppose, as the name doesn't make any change the symptoms I have been suffering. In some ways its a relief to know what it is, as I've worried myself sick at times, wondering what it was (MS, thyroid, osteoarthritis etc) and now I finally have an answer.

I am female, 37 and I have a long history of Fibro symptoms. The main issues at the moment are chronic neck pain and stiffness, severe headaches, pain/aches/burning in muscles (particularly in legs), fatigue, restlessness at night and constipation.

I also feel a bit lonely, which might sound silly, but I have never met anyone else with Fibro and the few people I have told so far, don't really know what it is. I feel I would like to talk to other people with Fibro and hear their experiences. Hence joining here :-D

Looking online, there is lots of info but much of it is conflicting, which is confusing and it doesn't seem clear what the cause is, or if the condition can improve?

I am lucky enough to have a very supportive and insightful GP (after a few bad ones!), he seems to have a good understanding of Fibro and we arrived at the diagnoses together, he was thorough to eliminate other conditions. I am on 25mg Amitriptaline and ad-hoc Cocodamol for neck (usually 2-3 doses per day). I am working full time at present, although its a massive struggle and I have no energy left for much else, but I love my work, its worth pushing myself. I have had to have time off sick at times or come in later though, which is a worry.

I look forward to reading more posts on hear and hopefully learning more about how to cope with fibro :-D
Oriole
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Oriole and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hello

Postby Oriole » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Denys :-D
Oriole
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello