Constant battle/ Introduction/New Member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Constant battle/ Introduction/New Member

Postby aruna7y7 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Aruna I am 21 and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago..

I am struggling alot at the moment, hence why joining the group and looking for people who are in the same boat! I also have a condition called Scoliosis, (curvature of the spine) so i also have a metal rod in my back. (EXTRA BACK PAIN)

I just would like any tips for the younger group of people who are going through this. I feel at 21 my body is aching and i have no energy to carry on at uni. I haven't even started a full time career yet the thought worries me thinking i wont be able to cope.

I get most pain in my legs, arms, feet, shoulders and back. I also feel quite depressed at the thought of constant pain everyday. I wake up to it and go bed to it.

I would love to hear from other people my age who are going through this and what they have been doing to manage the pain..

Sorry for the rant!!

Aruna
aruna7y7
UKFM Newbie

Re: Constant battle/ Introduction/New Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Aruna :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

With you making the same post on the "Introduce Yourself" thread as what you have here on this topic, I've removed the one from "Introduce Yourself" to save on the chaos, confusion, and repeated replies that arise when posts and topics are duplicated.

I'm afraid I'm not one of the younger members of the forum, if anything, I'm one of the mumsie ones, we do have a number of members around your age tho, so hopefully some will be along soon to say "Hello" :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Have you spoken to the uni's disability adviser~type person about how you are thinking and feeling at the moment?? If not, it might be something to consider doing as they may be able to point you in the direction of where you could get some additional help to continue with your studies.

Your worries about the future are understandable, and have crosses most of our minds at some point. However, they can also add to how you are feeling, pulling you down even further. Because of this, most of us now just go day~by~day, takes what comes with it and try to get thru it without hopefully having too much out of us.

There is a board dedicated to Hints and Tips on Coping, you could have a look on there for some ideas to try out to see if they help you in any way. There is lots of other info across the other boards as well, which again may provide you with some new suggestions to try out. And of course you always ask about things :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Aruna and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby elliedolly » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello :) I'm Ellie. I'm 20 year old and was diagnose with fibro a year ago. Of late, i have been really struggling more than usual and was wondering if this is just the fibro or whether it's something else as well. I'm awaiting a appointment to see a doctor at my local hospital and not really sure how i should go about it. does anyone have any tips for me?
elliedolly
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Ellie and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby aruna7y7 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Heyy,

Thanks for the reply, it feels good to know that there are people around to listen.

I will speak to the uni disability co-ordinator but its just hard to explain. I feel as though people think im over exxagerating or lying. I have brought a hand held massager over the weekend however it only helps for about 20 minutes and then the pain starts all over.

Ellie :) I have been told that Hydrotherapy pools are supposed to be good. Going to try for myself soon...let us know what the doctors say!
:-D

Aruna
aruna7y7
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:55 am

I do hydro every week, it's lovely, such a relief for the whole body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:47 am

aruna7y7 wrote:I will speak to the uni disability co-ordinator but its just hard to explain. I feel as though people think im over exxagerating or lying. I have brought a hand held massager over the weekend however it only helps for about 20 minutes and then the pain starts all over.

With you find explaining about this difficult, you could try printing up some info from reputable sources such as main UKFM site or from NHS Choices as well as doing something similar with your symptoms and how you're affected, then take it with you when you go and see the disability co~ordinator. You can then use it to refer do during your discussion, or even let the co~ordinator read thru it, then see what they can suggest for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello