new to the forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to the forum

Postby gems87 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi
im new to the forum, feeling terrible today, legs so tired and sore, feel physically drained. Slept for 2 hours earlier and im back in bed from 10, spend my days mostly in bed. Cant go far from home either due to extreme ibs. im 26 and feel completely alienated, my friends are married or getting married, or having children. Ihave no get up and go as i feel so unwell. Weight gain is another problem, anyone else putting on weight etc dont know if its due to meds or not enough time out and about
gems87
UKFM Member

Re: new to the forum

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:30 pm

hi and :welcome: to the forum Gem,

there is lots and lots of info here
have a look and ask any questions
what does your GP say and on what meds are you

hope you feel better soon
:flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:52 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Gem :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear things aren't too great today, hopefully tomorrow will be a little lighter and brighter for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Weight gain is something that has affected quite a lot of us. It's nit easy to say exactly what is behind it, it could be due to one or several possible reasons. A lot of the meds we take have weight gain as a possible side effect, activity levels are considerably lower for a good number of us, changes in diet can play a part, as well as the sorts of food eaten, portion sizes etc. Some have found that following the eating plans from slimming clubs can help their weight, whereas others have found that some changes to their meds have triggered off weight loss as well. Like most things related to FM, it's a case of trying things out to see what might help with the problem.

Hope you'll find being part of our FibroFamily helpful, informative, and supportive. We like to have a bit of fun and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when we can as well as a bit of a :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: tablets

Postby gems87 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 pm

im on pure codeine for times im really bad and then co codamol 30/500 i take everyday along with busopan for bowel aswell, amitrip at night and a tablet for sciatica. Also have an underactive thyroid. Just recently i have noticed my legs more restless and i constantly shake my left leg when sitting down, i dont even notice it anymore until someone says to me. I had spinal surgery for scoliosis so i do feel stiff at times esp the cold weather. Again only recently i find it hard at night time to get up off the chair to go to loo etc feel like my legs have run a marathon and are even sore to touch
gems87
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello