[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Saying 'hi' from South Bedfordshire

Saying 'hi' from South Bedfordshire

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Saying 'hi' from South Bedfordshire

Postby petareynolds » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi! My name is Peta and I live in South Bedfordshire. I am 43 years old, married with a 17 year old daughter.

Was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago, and after a long period of denial am finally accepting I may have it. Have been in and out of hospital with it. Currently awaiting NHS referral to London fibromyalgia clinic (I already go with my BUPA to see the doctor from there, Toby Garood). Does anyone else go there (Guys / London Bridge Hospitals)?

I've twice now had to change career and retrain. I now work part time for a charity and even that is becoming too much... hoping I don't have to stop that too as I can't afford to be without the wages.

Just put in my PIPS claim (had two DLA refusals previously). I have a Blue Badge now and Access to Work are involved so I am hoping that I will get somewhere with it this time.

Doctors I have spoken to think I could have had fibromyalgia since I was about 3 years old given my medical history... does anyone else have it going back that far?

Downloaded the fibromyalgia app yesterday and finding it very useful... think it will be very useful for the diary part of my PIPS claim.

I understand The Disability Resource Centre in Dunstable is going to start running a fibromyalgia support group so would love to hear if any of you might be going to that. (Their number 01582-470900 ask for Information Service).
petareynolds
UKFM Member

Re: Saying 'hi' from South Bedfordshire

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Peta :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Hope you'll find being part of our little group helpful and supportive, as well as a little :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at times :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There are a number who can trace things back to childhood for when signs of FM started appearing, but I can't recall anyone saying it seems that things began from such an early age as what it may have done for you :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I use the app as well, it is really useful and I now have everything in one easy to access place, whereas previously I was using several different apps to track various things, which got a bit confuzzling, esp on the extra foggy days :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Still get things a bit puddled with the one app at times tho :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Saying 'hi' from South Bedfordshire

Postby denys » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi and :welcome: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello