[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello I'm new

Hello I'm new

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello I'm new

Postby sloath » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 pm

I was diagnosed 4 years ago, but also realised I had , had it for a few years previous. I am 59 years old and would love to be able to get back to doing what I could years ago, but things are just getting worse. Seems that now the wet weather has come, everything is painfull, some places more than others. I have heard from some that diet can help, but I do not know what, has it helped any of you? If so what?
sloath
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello I'm new

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all sloath :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear things are getting worse for you :( :( :( The rainy, colder weather definitely doesn't help how most of us feel :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

There have been a few members who have made changes to their diet and found it beneficial. Some have cut out things like wheat, dairy, sugar and found it has helped them. But then there are others who have tried it and found it has made no difference to them, so it's a case of giving things a good go and see if it helps you.

Generally we make the suggestion that you try and eat as healthily as you can, with a good balance of all the essential and good stuff, along with an occasional treat.

There are some sites that suggest certain foods should be avoided as they can make FM and similar conditions worse, but as with all things FM, there are compelling arguments for and against each theory/idea.

There is a lot of other info and advice across the boards, so have a bit of a look and a read as you find your way around. Anything you want to know about, just ask about it and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello