feeling old befor my time :(

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling old befor my time :(

Postby lala1980 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 am

Hello everyone hope ur all well ish..ive not been diagnosed ive not even been to the gp yet I am going to see my doctors this week. I read up on FM a few year ago but dismissed it I had all of the symptoms then but for some reason put it to one side...but latey Ive been in alot of pain all over my hips all of my leg neck and and shoulders and my goodness my jaw ouchie its so stiff all the time the list could go on and on-- I have all of the symptoms I was amazed I just said out loud oh my goodness that is me every single one.... im just so scared the doc is going to laugh at me and tell me its all in my head do I need to be brave how did any of you get on talking to your doctor??
If you smile then the world is a better place :-)
lala1980
UKFM Member

Re: feeling old befor my time :(

Postby denys » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, :cow-wave: My advice about the GP is simply to make a list of all your symptoms and give it to him/her. Hope its not FM :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1980 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 am

Thank u I really hope not :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: but we will see what happens I have had on and off pain for years im glad im doing something about it I will write then down good Idea I havevthat many id forget half of um lol thank u again
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 am

Hia sorry to hear ur in pain its not nice I had pain for years and had a slipped disc etc but it did not explain the level of pain I'm in and over the years it reached a real level of I cannot cope!!!!!!! I was under painclinic but he was a rude man who had "issues" I spoke to my gp who is luckily very very supportive for the 1st time in years he said he would find out what was wrong cried when I got home with sheer relief!!! It has been a LONG battle and after a letter here and there I saw a new dr at clinic she took 1 look at me then did some tests and bang! Fibro plus prob with hip ask ur gp a nice 1 who is supportive to refer you to the painclinic perhaps I can't say I'm pain free don't think any of us on here are but at times bearable ish its the burning feet that makes me sob when I get home :( so don't b afraid of going hunni they are there to help/support u some gp,s are not as clued up as some!!! As no one picked up on my fibro til this year at painclinic but think my gp was thinking the same but didn't say it out loud good luck and don't b scarred :hugs: :crazy: :crazy: xx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Thank u debsmith:)) ive book in next week at the docs ive book a double slot lol I know its going to be alot of tests ect and all of that will take time months even years .I think ive had all this for years my mum died 8 year ago it seem to have all come about from then ?! Its been a very slow and gradual Seems to be at its worst at the mo I hope it doesn't get any worse. ?? I finally told my oh last night that im sure its Fibromyalgia he did say well I coded(he works in coding at the nhs lots of paper work ect) some one notes the other day and look at the symptoms and had a very quick moment when he thought of me. All I ever do it moan on about pain and aches ta thanks again x
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Hia ur welcome hunni every 1 needs to blow off at times and on here its totaly fine to rant lol!!! Re: ur mum I'm sorry u lost her and stress I believe is a trigger! I had lots of stress years ago and slipped disc soooooo ??? I'm the same as I'm sure a lot of people do is have a moan/groan I don't feel my oh gets it or wants to!!! So I hope ur oh is supportive? Well done u for going to make appt with gp u can't keep suffering without medical support hun when my pain was bad gp gave me co-codimal then things got a whole lot worse!!!!! Now on enough to dope a horse yet it only takes egde of 4me :( :( this website is great I'm so glad I found it xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby lala1980 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Hiya well Im off to the doc wish me luck gosh im nervous as hell dont know why im abit scared to silly really I will post to let know ehat happened arrr x
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby superee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi lala1980

Just came onto forum and read your posts and wondered how you got on at the doctors. Like others said, I hope it isn't FM, but also hope you get answers. Hopefully you have a good GP as that is essential, as I know from my past experiences. Don't give up until they find the cause of your pain.
I haven't been on for a while as I lost the link to the forum and as all FM suffers will understand, my memory doesn't exist. Fibro fog is annoying and I trip over my tongue constantly. Anyway, just wondered how you got on and although I haven't posted much, have found this is a great forum with lot of answers, help and support. One of the people that welcomed me actually made me laugh out loud and cheered me up no end.
Again, hope you get the answers you need
superee
UKFM Newbie

Postby superee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:04 pm

The post that made me laugh was on the Fibromyalgia stages of grief posts from fluppypuffy. Forgot to say that - oops! :crazy:
superee
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala1980 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Hiya Superee :)) got on really well at doc she so great my gp ;)) im sure I posted but knowing me ive go wrong some where anyways she booked me in for blood test last Wednesday she said we will take it for there she listen to everything I said and took me seriously about fibromyalgia im book in again on thursday so I will let u know what happens scared... I know what u mean about the fog ooh it been nightmere for me ive put thing away somewhere and I never find then again I forget everything appionmement arrangements ,even the bath running I trolley for last week what time my son finished nursery he's been there for 3 month arrr thank u xxxx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Postby superee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 pm

lala1980

Sorry took me so long to reply. Was very ill over christmas and new year and my pyschiatrist was no help. Glad you are getting the help you need from your GP. I hope by now that you are getting help and maybe a bit of relief. I had to change my GP AGAIN but new one has been great. Unfortunately, just after I finally won my DLA fight and got my blue badge, a "Doctor" hit my car and it had to be scrapped - uneconomical to repair. However, it's a long story. but due to her lying, I got nothing for my car and now more or less housebound. So struggle to see the Doctor. After spending a fortune on taxis last week, I finally got put on gabapentin and narproxen for pain. Amitriptylene made me ill, but other GP wouldn't try anything else as Gabopentin has a black market value! Choice of pain and money or bit of pain relief and no money, will take the later every time. I also have sleeping tablets - zoplicone - but don't take every night as they stop working after a couple of weeks. So every now and then, I get a good sleep. Unfortunately, nothing is helping my memory which is getting worse and I trip over my tongue more and more and have to watch my wording as it can come out sounding offensive but not meant that way. I think people believe I am rude, they just don't understand I can't help it. I understand you saying you are scared because I still am. I am fed up of being stared at, I am scared I won't get my life back and my dreams have been shattered. I am terrified that my wonderful partner gets fed up having to look after me and he decides he would be better off without me. He constantly reassures it won't happen - but I'm still scared. Then again, I always try to remember there are many a lot worse off than me, so try to pull myself together and fight on. I hope lala1980 you are doing better and find this forum a constant support, even if I don't post often, I read a lot :lol: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
superee
UKFM Newbie

Postby lala1980 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Oh im sorry u have been bad over xmas and new year... superee... it hard ant it hope ur feeling abit better:))) all ok here well u know ups and downs but ive been dx by my gp cos all the test were clear :/ im going to see a rheumatologist on the 13th March so I dont know what there going to do ?? and thank u for replying and u dont have to explain I understand hun its all good take care xx
lala1980
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello