Confused newbie.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confused newbie.

Postby Sye » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi, I'm a 20 year old girl new to the fibro world.

I've been having issues with my health all my life however 4 years ago it began to get worse. I started to suffer from blackouts, severe joint and muscular pain which can leave me either bedridden or with mobility issues, IBS symptoms and migraines. In the last year they have been looking into the possibility of me having Multiple Sclerosis but in the last week after seeing a new doctor the possibility of having fibromyalgia is being thrown around. I'm hoping to find some help and information to help me deal with where this news could take me. I don't know much about fibromyalgia so I'm hoping to expand my knowledge on that as well and the help that would be available to me.

I'm a student currently on a gap year due to health reasons. I enjoy listening to music, reading and drawing and spend a lot of time with my dogs and other pets and family.

Its nice to meet you all,

Sye!
I am, and always will be
The Optimist,
The Hoper
Of Far-Flung Hopes,
The Dreamer
Of Improbable Dreams.
Sye
UKFM Member

Re: Confused newbie.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Sye :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear that FM has been thrown into the possible mix of things that may be behind your various problems and symptoms :( :(

The main UKFM site has lots of info about the condition on it's pages, and on the various boards across the forum there is lots of info, advice, linkys and personal experiences, so you should be able to get a bit of an idea about things. And of course you can ask about things, which always brings a variety of responses as we're all affected very differently by this condition. And as we all understand how the various symptoms and problems can screw things up then dump us on our heads or bums, there is lots of support and understanding as well.

Have a looky and a read around, as well as finding out about the condition, hopefully you'll also see that even with FM as a constant companion, things aren't always bleak and heavy, there are still ways to have fun, enjoy life and :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sye » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome fluffypuppy, I'm very grateful x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am, and always will be
The Optimist,
The Hoper
Of Far-Flung Hopes,
The Dreamer
Of Improbable Dreams.
Sye
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Sye and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: hope we can offer you some support and advice when needed :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sye » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi Denys, thanks for the reply! :)
I am, and always will be
The Optimist,
The Hoper
Of Far-Flung Hopes,
The Dreamer
Of Improbable Dreams.
Sye
UKFM Member

Postby nannyogg » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Sye, I'm new here too.

I was diagnosed with CFS when I was about your age, and was really ill for 5-6 years. It was a struggle to build myself up at all but I eventually got to a stage where I could work (though not much else!) Over the years though, my problems eased and I began to think of myself as more-or-less well.

Then it came back. A lot. I'm now 38 and diagnosed with both CFS and FMS- and, like you, the possibility of MS keeps rearing its ugly head.

This is an awful thing to be stuck with, but I know from my past experience that it is possible to cope, with support from your friends and family, the lovely people here, and help from yourself, too - look after yourself; when you're tired, STOP! And try not to beat yourself up about it (easy to say but hard to do, I know).

Take care :)
nannyogg
UKFM Member

Postby mrsflint » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello :cow-wave: , hope you find the answers you need soon. :-)
mrsflint
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello