hi folks

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi folks

Postby morayandsteph » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 pm

hi guys and gals thought we would say hi. :-D

We are Moray 27 and Steph 27 from East Lothian Scotland Steph has fibromyalgia and M.E (bit of a touchy subject with some of the medical world saying its the say thing) steph also has suspected thining of disks c5 and c6 in her spine.

Steph has had fybro and me for about 5 years now but only offcially diagnosed about 3 years ago

we have 2 kids Eamonn 9 and Chloe 5

Moray, I am a stay at home dad and helper for Steph (I don't like the term "carer") after having to stop our award winning landscaping business this time last year because of Steph's illness and the fact I was unable to set dates for work due to the fact my wife's condition's getting worse.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill
morayandsteph
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi folks

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:39 pm

:welcome: to our little cyber~sanctum Moray and Steph :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There are a few of us on here with both FM and CFS/ME in our collections of pawlynesses, so Steph is in some good, and only slightly :crazy: :crazy: company :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It is a touchy subject with some when it comes to the question about them being separate conditions, or different ends of the same spectrum. For me, I'm in the different and separate conditions camp because when my CFS flares, there are some subtle differences between that and how things feel when FM flares. When CFS has the upper hand, I get an overwhelmingly heavy wave wash all the way thru me, leaving me with a really deep and heavy achyness that feels like it penetrates all the way thru to the centre of my bones. I also feel like I'm coming down with a really bad bout of flu.

I love your description of being Steph's helper rather than carer, makes it sound a bit more lighter and brighter :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You'll find lots of info across the boards that could be suitable and helpful for both of you, so have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anything you want to know about, just ask, it doesn't usually take too long to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi to you both and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Frecks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Moray & Steph....welcome along.....im a newbie too :-)

Frecks xx
IBS, Gastritis, Dermatitis, Fibromyalgia & possible Autoimmune Pancreatitis....maybe more!
Frecks
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello