Flare ups

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flare ups

Postby laney » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi there, this is my first ever post. I have FM and was wondering what happens to all you other suffers out there when you have a so called Flare Up. At the moment I have a dreadful pain in the muscle at the top of my back (deltoid muscle I think it's called) and around my underarm and down the inside of my arm. It's is throbbing, burning and stabbing. I have taken 100mg of Tramadol, 40mg of amitriptilene and a Diclofenac. They are not having any effect. Where my muscle is really sore on my back I can feel little lumps. I have has FM for a lot of years but I have never had anything as painful as this before or lumpy. Does this happen to anyone else and if so what do you take for relief? PLEASE HELP.......
laney
UKFM Newbie

Re: Flare ups

Postby debsmith » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Hia laney this is a great site!!! So much info on here, everybody is different but I'm on:
BuTrans patches 30mg
Pregablin 100mg AM+100mg PM it takes the edge off
Anatriptiline like you
Co-codimals every 4 hours
+ now I have rhumatoid arthritis + on drugs 4that AH!!!!!!!!

I personaly highly reccomend pregablin not gabrepentin that wasn't good 4me!!!!! But may b 4u?
If I didn't have BuTrans there is no way I'd get out of bed!!!

I think its a question of saying to ur dr the medz ur on is NOT touching ur pain are u under a painclinic? Hope u have a understanding dr too?? As that helps to a point! I feel 4u having flare I do to when weather damp+wet grrrrrrr hurry up spring! I also use volterol gel it can help sometimes but not all time 4me but we are all differant welcome to this wonderful forum debbie xxxx :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :welcome:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby laney » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Aww thanks for that advice. I am going to have to go to my GP and see what he suggests. This is the worse flare up I have ever had. Hope it goes away soon.
The muscle is extremely sore and I can feel little lumps under the skin is this normal. It also feels itchy....
laney
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Hia ur welcome re: lump always get any lump checked by a doc prob nothing to worri about "but" u must get checked to b safe hun I also have lumpy bits on my lower back and top of butt cheeks grrrrrr!!!! Poor u re flare up I'm suffering bad 2day aswell my knee doc said rhumatoid arthritis but bloody heck!!!! It hurts bad! Plus flippin exmas coming glad I've done most of mine while on ann leave but think pm and sunday I won't b doing much!! Guna have to go bk to doc too as I'm a part time chef and struggling now so not sure how much longer I can work for I'm stubborn guess that helps lol!!! Good luck with ur doc re pregablin I for warn u tho it may make u put a bit of weight on did me ahhhhhhhhhh xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby laney » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks debsmith, It helps when you have people to talk to who understand exactly how you feel. hope you don't have to give up your job
laney
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Hia laney it sure does help to have people to talk to who know and understand and doesn't judge either this forum is great! Think gp,s and hospitals should give details o new fibro sufferer,s too for support I hope u feel brighter soon I'm chilling now hot cuppa and movie had medz to leg raised "happy days" and I hope I don't have to give it up I love it xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily laney :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment :grouphug: :grouphug: Reading what you have posted, whilst a flare~up could be the cause of what you're experiencing, it could also be done to something else that may or may not be related to FM.

With you saying
laney wrote: I have never had anything as painful as this before or lumpy.

It may be worth having things checked out by your GP, just to be sure about things, and depending on what they think it could be, there could be something you can be given to help make things a little more comfortable until they start to settle back down again.

Have you tried anything such as applying warmth to the affected areas?? It's something quite a few of us find helps bring a little easing at times. A wheaty bag that can be zapped in the mikey or a hottie bottie wrapped in a towel are in a lot of our collections. Or applying a gel rub can help, either an ibuprofen~containing one or arnica gel.

Now you've joined us, have a look around the boards and see what there is. They are packed with info, advice and suggestions, some of which may be of use to you :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby laney » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks fluffypuppy, I'm defo going to GP and see what theses itchy lumpy spot things are. Thanks for replying. I will be having a good look around this site......gentle bugs to you all. Xxxx :crazy:
laney
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi Laney and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello