[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Nice to not feel alone!

Nice to not feel alone!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nice to not feel alone!

Postby pink_wierdo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Hello All,
I was diagnosed with Fibro about 3/4 years ago now.
I am 28 and am starting to really struggle with my hip pain. I have a very understandable boyfriend, but I just feel so old before my time some days!
I am on amitriptyline at night to help me sleep, as it has got to the stage where the pain keeps me up at night.
I found that loosing weight, stopping smoking and going swimming regularly has helped me alot, but I wish i could have just a couple of days pain free.
It is nice to read peoples comments on here, and know I am not alone, as sometimes it feels that way. What with no-one having heard of Fibro, it makes me feel like I am sometimes making it up! I had to do a 2 day show a couple of weeks ago, and was on my feet the whole time. My colleagues were making jokes about 'the young un' and were chuckling at my obvious discomfort.....not nice when some days it's hard enough just to get up in the morning.
Anyway, I look forward to keeping up with things on this forum now, and i am moving soon so may well look up one of the support groups.
Thanks
Claire
pink_wierdo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Nice to not feel alone!

Postby pink_wierdo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm

As a side note, thought i'd let you all know just what tests you may have to endure before FINALLY being diagnosed, not to scaremonger, but just so that you know that not all GPs recognise the condition. I was finally diagnosed by a GP who used to work on a physio ward, and so had had dealings with Fibro previously!
Anyway, I had:
Blood tests
Lumbar Puncture
Sans
MRI
Brain function tests
tilt table tests
72 hour urine collection and testing
- All stemming from headaches initially, that then turned into neck, shoulder, hip and knee pain. along with tiredness, confusion and irritability!
C x
pink_wierdo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm

:welcome: to the Feeling~Old~Well~Before~Your~Time Club Claire :cow-wave: :cow-wave: It gets to us all unfortunately, I haven't felt my actual age for almost 14 years, which is how long I have had my membership. I think most of us have come across some of those who are dismissive of the condition, and sometimes they are the ones you thought would be there for you unconditionally, which are the ones that cut the deepest.

Like you, I underwent a barrage of tests before being dx'd, incl several MRIs, balance tests which involved being spun round, tilted up and down and having to try and follow a series of flashing lights whilst wearing a really heavy visor/mask to track my eye movements. Others have also gone thru different things due to how their symptoms and problems presented, on their way to getting answers and a dx.

Anything that you want to know about, all you need to do is ask as it doesn't usually take too long for someone to come along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello