Finally after 4 years I'm told is fibro!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally after 4 years I'm told is fibro!!!

Postby sharon110 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm

After 4 very long and painful years i have finally been diagnosed with having fibro…..During this time i have received no medication or treatment so it has been a very painful and long experience. I am obviously relieved now and i am now waiting on the letter to go to my gp so that i can finally receive the medications but after calling my gp today i discover that this will be a 3 week wait!!!!! :shock:

Anyway just wanted to say hi and and thanks to all the advice i have already seen on here!!!!
sharon110
UKFM Newbie

Re: Finally after 4 years I'm told is fibro!!!

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Sharon, sorry that you are having to wait for your appointment.

However, think of the bright side. You have been suffering for four years without any help, you only have to wait three more weeks for some relief.

I know that what I say could sound cruel but after having had fibro for so many years you learn to look for any bright side rather than the negative.

When you get your meds you will feel a lot better. Hopefully your doctor is educated on fibro enough that he will suggest you visit a pain clinic and or a rhuematologist.

Brighter days are ahead. Lorraine
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Finally after 4 years I'm told is fibro!!!

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: 3 weeks will be over in no time so hang on in there :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello