I am a newbie, so hello all!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am a newbie, so hello all!

Postby darricottgirl » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi. I am Vicky, and I am 39 and I was diagnosed back when I was 21 when in hospital to discuss another condition I have, hypermobility.

Until that point I thought that constantly feeling bruised and sore was "normal" until the rheumy told me what it was.

This week I have started another course of physiotherapy on what I had been told was a training injury in my hip. After a full examination the physio said that it was not bursitis, but that my hip muscles (can't remember the name) were full of knots and tightness. I had a similar experience when I had physio a couple of years ago for a shoulder injury, the knots kept on moving around and the entire shoulder was freezing.

Upon reading up on fibromyalgia, it has become apparent that this is one of the symptoms, does anyone else suffer muscle knots like this?

(I am a terrible patient and don't follow up with the condition, I treat it as best I can through lifestyle, training and reducing my working hours to compensate) xx
darricottgirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: I am a newbie, so hello all!

Postby denys » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Vicky :welcome: to the forum and :cow-wave: :cow-wave: yes most of us seem to have this at one time or another, for some its constant and moves around to different muscle groups hope your physio manages to get some of them out for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello