Greetings from new member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Greetings from new member

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 pm

I've been reading some of the posts on the Forum and, having just been diagnosed a couple of weeks ago, thought I'd join.

Like many people on here, it has taken a while for me to get the diagnosis. Fifteen years in fact. Whether it's because I'm a big strapping bloke I couldn't say but I was so bashed down by my prior experiences of primary care that in the end I went along with my wife (who also has fibro) and saw her doctor. Oh the relief when she referred me!

So, early days yet but so grateful for an end to the hard slog towards acknowledgement that my condition is real.

Jon :-)
Jon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Greetings from new member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Jon and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby csangel » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 am

Hello Jon :welcome:

Diagnosis is a relief, but don't be surprised if it's joined by a what now? feeling.

There's plenty of hints and tips and information on here, and always someone willing to answer any queries. :-D

Take care
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby Jon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 am

Thank you very much. Nice to be here.

I'm in the very early stages of "Discovering Amitriptyline: Lesson 1" so some way to go yet with settling things down.

I think more than anything I'm flabbergasted that the medical profession has been overlooking this in me for a decade and a half. I feel somewhat vindicated in my belief that Sir Lancelot Spratt is alive and well!!
Jon
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sue1968 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Welcome to a friendly forum Jon, I' was dx in July after around 13 years of misdiagnosis( in the opinion of my pain clinic consultant) I hope you both will find the forum as informative and friendly as I do.

Welcome once again
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 am

Welcome to the mad house lol is wife joining to.or is she already here. Passes out cookies and tea.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello