Hello, my first post!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello, my first post!

Postby Sweetpea04 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello, my name is Maria and I am 40, and live in Essex with my wonderful husband and 7 year old son. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in August 2012. I also suffer with scoliosis and due to the pain have also suffered with episodes of depression.

I was always an active and social person, worked full time in offices and ran a part time Party Balloon decorating business at the weekend. But following a series of accidents, (fell down the stairs at my parent house, knocked off my skies whilst on holiday and flown home, and finally a car accident), I suffered from terrible back and neck pain, and had lots of injections, osteopaths, chiropractors, acupuncture, etc.

I then caught Shingles in 2004, and whilst pregnant with my son in 2006 is developed Pubis Dysfunction and really from then I never recovered. It wasn't just back pain, it was pain all over, fatigue, and depression. I thought I had found the answer when I was diagnosed with endometriosis, but after the operation to remove it I was still in pain.

Finally I saw a Pain consultant who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and ME. It was a relief to finally have a reason why I felt so ill and was in so much pain. After researching it the symptoms fit and as the say in X factor, my Fibro journey started!

Since then I have attended Expert Paitents programme to help manage my pain, and found the courses so helpful I have trained to be a tutor.

It's so interesting reading all the posts on this forum and have gained loads of information and help from here. I don't have a local support group so it makes me feel I'm not alone, because although I have a very understanding family, nobody really understands unless you suffer from it.

Xxxx
Sweetpea04
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello, my first post!

Postby denys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Maria and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hello, my first post!

Postby Tracie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 am

Hi and welcome
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello