New member just be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Raynards

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New member just be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Raynards

Postby cazonline » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Im new to the forum and condition although been suffering for over 15 years with recurring pains in hips, back,neck,hands, knees and feet.

Finally been diagnoses as of Friday just gone. Been put on Adalat for the Raynards and awaiting for an appointment for physio. Having to see own GP for medication for the Fibro. Medication scares the hell out of me as in the passed I had a really bad reaction to antidepressant which ended up me being taken into hospital.

Im feeling little lost with the diagnoses as was only given a booklet to read through. I know it does explain that its to do with the nervous system and that its a chronic condition with widespread pain but to be honest its not really helping. Mind has gone into over drive. :(

My name is Caroline Im 38 live with my partner of 19 years and have a 4 year old daughter. Looking to find some support, info and make friends
cazonline
UKFM Member

Re: New member just be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Rayna

Postby a.lyndon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Caroline,

What is difficult about Fibro, is accepting that we have the condition. At least you know what's causing the pain so you can start to try to control the pain.

There's lots of support and suggestions on the forum, so you could have a look around the forum and I'm sure you will find answers to you questions.

Ally :-D
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby cazonline » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks Ally for your reply.

Its encouraging to know after reading some of the comments on here that I am not the only one.

Its been somewhat a tuff day so exhausted. Just watching my daughters concert took it out of me. Drained.com :sleep:
cazonline
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Caroline :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You're very definitely not alone with this, in fact you're now a member of a sizeable FibroFamily where you'll find lots of support and understanding, info and advice, and a bit of fun and :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: as well :-D :-D :-D

It's not unusual to feel a little lost when you're first told you have FM. There is a lot to take in and get used to, and doing this can't really be rushed, or you will end up being dumped rather unceremoniously on your head. If you take things day~by~day, you will get there.

Anything you want to know about, just ask, and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby EllieM » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi Caroline, I'm a newbie too and have also been diagnosed with Fibro and Raynauds. I'm also 38 with a 3 year old boy. It's like a light bulb has switched on and all my symptoms make sense. The only thing is that when I tell people I have fms I find it difficult to explain what it is and they look at me as if im making it up. Hopefully we'll get the support we need from this forum :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
EllieM
UKFM Newbie

Postby cazonline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi EllieM

I too am finding it hard to explain. Firstly I did read some of the bad press that some Dr's didn't even recognise the condition mainly bushing it off as its all in your head. To also read that now the younger or new Dr's have now had more training in this field and know more about the condition and it isn't anthing we are making up. God im most definately can not make up the pain that goes on in my body.
I too have IBS and SAD. So physically and mentally drained right now. My daughter always say to me " Mummy your brain is like a sieve with extra large holes in it". Really my memory is shot most days which I now know is the Fibrofog. I really thought that I was starting that condition where you forget things and people.( see can remember the name of it).

Since I found out Fri I have cried alot but also denied that its what ive got. Its one of the those moments where we say why me. Ive never had a xmas since my early twenties where I haven't been ill with one thing or another. I always want to just shut the door and be on my own this time of year as im never happy. Always exhausted. If it wasn't for my daughter that is what id do.

Is xmas difficult for you or anybody else?
cazonline
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:03 pm

And :welcome: to you EllieM as well :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You both might want to have a look at The Spoon Theory and One To Show The Non~Believers. They both do a really good job of explaining what it can be like when living with FM, and a lot of people have printed them up and given them to people to read.
cazonline wrote:Since I found out Fri I have cried alot but also denied that its what ive got. Its one of the those moments where we say why me.

This is something quite a lot of us went thru when we told we had FM, it seems to be part of the process that we go thru as we start off on our quest to live with the condition. It's as if the realisation of what the condition is, and that it will be with us for the long haul completely swamps us, and we need to give things a chance to sink in and start making a little more sense. It will pass tho, and things will start to feel a little brighter again for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I find this time of year difficult, and have done for a number of years :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: This is my worst year for quite a few, I can't find any Christmas Spirit in me at all, and tbh I think I've transformed into a huu~mon sized Bah Humbug :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Caroline and Eliie and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: I hope you find the support and advice you both need just ask away if you want to know anything specific, use the search facility at the top of the page too as it will sometimes throw up answers to those niggly questions (cos we have all had them) if you want to have a rant then go to the private members only board and post on the sound proof booth
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello