[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to this

new to this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to this

Postby abbie09 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I just wanted to say hi, im new to this forum, not really sure what to say about myself.
I was diagnoised with fibro about 6 months ago after almost 2 years of feeling like I was going crazy.
I have pretty much just kept my head down and got on with it as best I could but having recently spoke to my GP she suggested I do some research and become more involved with my condition. I work full time, which I am finding really difficult, I work long shifts in a very demanding job, and every day is becoming a huge struggle both physically and mentally (my concentration seems to be shot to bits) I am experiencing a pretty bad flare at the moment and would welcome any words of wisdom.

thanks Abbie x
abbie09
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to this

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all Abbie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear you're another who has been caught up in Flare~Season, it seems to be affecting an awful lot of us at the moment :( :( :(

When first dx'd, I did a similar thing to you, and tried getting on with things. It works for a little while, but eventually it does catch up with you, and if you try to ignore it, it will bite you on the :girl_moon: :girl_moon: doubly hard. Hopefully by joining our little FibroFamily, we'll be able to help you follow your GPs advice and start to find a little more out, both about FM and also how it affects you personally.

Have you spoken to your employer about your dx and issues you are finding with your job?? If not, it may be something you need to consider doing as, when an employer is advised that an employee has an illness/condition that is impacting on their ability to carry out their role, the employer has a legal obligation to work with the employee to see what "reasonable adjustments" can be made to enable the employee to continue with their duties, with their illness/condition being taken into consideration. It's a bit daunting at first, but once you do, and you start to find things that help make a difference to how you can do you job, it can really make a difference.

Wrt to your flare and some words of wisdom, if you can give us some ideas about which things are particularly bad at the moment, what you're finding difficult to do/manage etc then we might be able to come up with some suggestions for you to try. Alternatively, you could have a look across the boards, the Hints/Tip For Coping one would probably be a good place to start. And you can try using the Search box that appears on each page, it can sometimes throw up some interesting little nuggets that prove to be really helpful :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby abbie09 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm

thank you for such a nice welcome.
my main issues are pain and fatigue at the moment which I just cant get under control.so much so ive had to call in sick for work this week, I also have word finding issues, past few days particularly bad were im actually struggling to piece sentences together, I know what im trying to say but cant get the words out..!!! :-?
I have spoke to my employer about my fibro diagnosis and have made a few change to my working week, which work well on good days, but on bad days I still really struggle, on bad days I actually go to my car in the works car park to sleep on my break because if I don't rest I feel I wont make it through my shift.
gonna have a proper look through the info on here today, what I have seen so far is comforting as it makes me realise im not the only one going through this.

Abbie :-)
abbie09
UKFM Newbie

Postby debsmith » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Hia abbie

Ur not alone with fibro hun so many of us here, I'm so glad I found this site!!! As everyone so supportive and knows exactly what we go threw every day!!!!! There is always support and lots of huggs when we are having a rubbish day! Welcome hun I to work still but by skin of my teeth so know how u feel regarding that I'm struggling too its awful! Sending huggs 2u xxxx :welcome:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello