[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby HeppiBean » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi everyone, I'm nee here and wasn't sure if there was an intros section or anything... But I have just been diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome and fibromyalgia. I'm 21 and have suffered for years so I'm glad I finally know what's going on, but don't really know what to do from here :/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum HeppiBean :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

We do have a board to introduce yourself, so I've moved you onto it :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

We have quite a few members around your age group, so you're in good company. Hypermobility is a condition that is quite often associated with FM, and there are a few on here with both, so hopefully you'll be able to find some helpful info about managing and living with both conditions.

There is lots of info and advice, covering all aspects of the condition, on here, so have a bit of a looky and a read as you find your way around the place. Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HeppiBean » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Thought I'd add in a bit more information about myself.

I started having problems with my joints in childhood and always seemed to be achey but doctors repeatedly told me it was just growing pains and I'd grow out of it. The pain never did stop however so eventually I went back to the doctors. They gave me painkillers and sent me away. This kept happening until I gave up trying. Then 2 years ago, after the birth of my daughter, the pain got worse so I went back to the doctor a few more times but the same thing kept happening. In July 2012 I found out I was expecting again, about 3/4 months in I discovered I had spd, which gradually got worse until by my due date I was basicallly bed bound. After my son was born however the pain in my hips did not go as they said it would and it seemed the pains that I had now been experiencing for 10 years were generally worse. So I put my foot down and after having more painkillers thrown at me, blood tests and x rays carried out, I was eventually referred to a rheumatologist and I finally got my diagnosis! I've been put on Nortriptaline and referred to physio but that's going to take 6 weeks xx

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 pm

My son has hyper mobile joints and complains frequently after anything physical. Is there a connection with fibro??

Sent from my iPhone using
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I've read that a lot of people with HMS also have fibro but I'm not sure if there's a direct connection as such. I'm still new to this :/ x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Hypermobility can be an associated/comorbid condition with FM. There isn't any info/data to suggest how often they occur simultaneously with and independently of each other so far, just anecdotal evidence that gets a little stronger with each case that appears.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks fluffypuppy x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:32 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello