Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone

Postby ami.harrisonorme » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi, I'm Ami :wave:
I have been suffering with joint hypermobility syndrome since I was a child and have had raynaulds since I can remember. I have just been diagnosed with Fibro (I'm 30 now) and wanted to join the forum and say "hi"
I've been given a date to see an occupational therapist and was wondering what to expect? Also a referral has been put in for me to attend pain clinic - any idea what I'm going to be doing?
I'm good with pain, I can compartmentalise it and push through it. I think that comes from years and years of dislocating joints left, right and centre! My biggest issue is the fatigue and brain fog. How do you all cope?

Many thanks in advance, I appreciate any help or advice

Ami xxxx
ami.harrisonorme
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby TATT » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 am

Hi Ami,

Just wanted to say :welcome: can't answer your questions right now as my head is sooo tired. Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Tatt
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:03 am

Hi Ami

Theres is lots of info on here, all very useful, sorry for the reason you are here but I'm glad you are.

I'm still finding stuff on here and it has helped me no end mainly as when I read posts on here I don't feel alone.

Chris x
felinefine
UKFM Member

hi im foxie an new here have just been diagnosed affter 10 y

Postby foxie7 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:04 am

ami.harrisonorme wrote:Hi, I'm Ami :wave:
I have been suffering with joint hypermobility syndrome since I was a child and have had raynaulds since I can remember. I have just been diagnosed with Fibro (I'm 30 now) and wanted to join the forum and say "hi"
I've been given a date to see an occupational therapist and was wondering what to expect? Also a referral has been put in for me to attend pain clinic - any idea what I'm going to be doing?
I'm good with pain, I can compartmentalise it and push through it. I think that comes from years and years of dislocating joints left, right and centre! My biggest issue is the fatigue and brain fog. How do you all cope?

Many thanks in advance, I appreciate any help or advice

Ami xxxx
foxie7
UKFM Newbie

Postby foxie7 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:19 am

hi to every one an new here have just been diagnosed after 10 years of a living hell any one want to say hello :-D
foxie7
UKFM Newbie

Postby M0nkeyS0cks72 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 am

Hello, I am new here too. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about two months ago after years and years of health problems and lots of stuff being blamed on my depression. Even though I have said for years it's not just depression.

At first I was just glad to finally get a diagnosis and know that there was a name for what wrong with me. Most of all I knew for definite it wasn't in my head as one Dr once tried to tell me it was. I am now struggling with it and especially trying to explain to people what it is and how it affects me.

I am so glad I found this place and reading some of the post has made realise it's not just me and I don't feel so alone. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
M0nkeyS0cks72
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:10 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby foxie7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:20 pm

hiya to every one :-P have had a lovey chrismass but it was hard going but nice as well just love chrismass but glad it over so it just remines for me to say a happy new year to everyone :happy-new-year-group-1: take care best wishes foxie ps anyone living in north Manchester collyhurst miles platting ancoats moston ?
foxie7
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello