[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New today and not even sure I have Fibro?

New today and not even sure I have Fibro?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New today and not even sure I have Fibro?

Postby Immpy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 am

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure I even have Fibro yet or not as I only went to my GP yesterday, she has asked for blood tests and said she would refer me to a rheumatologist.

Looking back over my life I have had all the symptoms that I have now for many years, to name just a few:-

Numbness in legs, pain in shoulders/neck, every muscle in my body aching, brain fog, lack of concentration, tender spots on my body (usually my head), stiffness in my feet, migraine, headaches, fatigue, pain in hips and wrists ect, etc, the list goes on.....I have had all these in isolation.

But the past 6 weeks it seems my body has said no, you won't stop when I give you some of the above so you shall have all of them! OMG I have never felt so tired, I mean bone tired (not that my bones hurt). I can't sleep, I have had vertigo, I'm stumbling around, I think I have fallen over my own feet at least half a dozen times :roll: My attention span and concentration are those of a gnat!

My GP says she thinks I have Fibro, and my symptoms fit, I have read that it has taken some people years to be diagnosed, so if I do have it I will consider myself very lucky that my GP got it right first time. I'm not sure I am going to be able to cope with this each day, but know I will have to, the sensitivity on my skin is the thing that bothers me the most (along with feeling exhausted), it hurts to be in my skin at the moment if that makes sense.

I live on my own and have not told anyone in my family as yet until I get a frim diagnosis even then I don't think they will understand, I'm worried about work as I need to concentrate on things that have to be done, but I sit at my pc and stare at it all to often and wonder what I was actually trying to do, as I have forgotten within seconds. I just want to feel better, normal and right, but me thinks the road is going to be long and arduous.
Immpy
UKFM Member

Re: New today and not even sure I have Fibro?

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 pm

Immpy......I am so sad to say it does sound like Fibro. You are very lucky to have a GP that is right on it. Blood tests will rule out the possibility it is something else. Sounds like a keeper of a Dr.

Immpy....Once you get diagnosed and your Dr and yourself get a plan in action you will feel better mentally as well as a little physically. Be prepared that it could take a few times to get the meds right for you. Strange how we can have all the same symptoms but our meds can be so different.

Hopefully soon you will get a positive diagnosis of something and start treating it.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Immpy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi Whoami,

Thank you for the reply, I'm not going to get the results of the blood tests until mid January she told me they could take up to 2 weeks to come back, I wonder why that is? I will be relieved (in my head) if not in my body that there is a 'name' to it, I can then educate myself and others around me.

My GP is a keeper, unfortunately she is heavily pregnant :( so won't be in the surgery for long but she has kick started things off for me, I'm not happy about taking medication but if it helps in any small way then its a good thing (I hope)!

One other thing that I have which I haven't seen mention of is my insides tremble/shake from time to time does anyone else have this?
Immpy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Hope your results come through early in January and you get sorted out quickly, is you oc coming back after maternity leave??? I hope so for you as you seem happy with her :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Immpy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome Denys, when I go back in for the blood results I'll ask her when she is going off on leave and when she will be back, and perhaps who it is best to see within the surgery who is sympathetic to advancing things for me. I'm managing to get my blood tests done between Christmas and New Year so with the holidays I'm sure the results will take longer to come back.

Didn't manage to go to sleep until 5am this morning and that's the second night in a row, although I am tired beyond words my body won't rest, I've got so much to do over the holiday I just hope I have the strength to get through it!
Immpy
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Some blood tests can take longer to process. It is a great day when diagnosed. I know it sounds crazy but just getting a name seems to validate things
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:12 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Immpy and :welcome: to our little sanctuary :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hope you've managed to find your way thru the festivities with a little less payback than you were anticipating :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I have problems with skin sensitivity, and have found that aloe vera gel can help calm things down a little for me. Or if I can't put my hands on the aloe vera, a cooling lotion such as an after sun does make things a little bit more bearable and mean that I can get dressed.Altho things don't behave themselves fully, it is possible with a little time and trying out things, to find ways to make yourself feel at least a little more comfortable.

Wrt work, you could try explaining what your GP suspects to be the reason for your various symptoms etc. Once you have a definite dx, your employer is legally obliged to bring in "reasonable changes" so you can carry on doing your job with your illness/condition taken into consideration. Depending on what your boss/employer is like, they may start to work with you to try and find what can help you, and bring in some changes to help you.

In the meantime, have a bit of a looky and a read around the boards. They're full of all sorts of advice, suggestions, and info, and who knows what you may come across that help you :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Immpy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks for the advice FlyffyPuffy, my skin has been so itchy over this festive season and will try aloe vera, I have struggled through it, I went out last night, got to my car to go and thought "I can't do this" and walked back to the house, then back to the car and forced myself to go, it was only a meal but it completely wiped me out today. Got up dragged myself to the sofa as I felt so tired, was awake for a couple of hours and was so exhausted went back to sleep for an hour.

I have looked around the boards, to pick up information, I'm off tomorrow to have my blood tests done.......I hope my employers are sympathetic towards me, but I work from home so don't think they will understand if I need to rest, they just expect me to be at the end of the phone or email, but have decided to not worry about that until I get a definite diagnoses and handle it from there, I have stressed myself out to much over the holidays and resulted in a headache for 3 days and body aches especially in my wrists, back, neck and shoulders, the pain gets worse the more exhausted I get. Thanks all for your advice I really appreciate it and makes me feel not so alone in dealing with this.
Immpy
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello